First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great photos of your Maverick! Such a beauty. Thanks for sharing your ride with us!
Hi did you any issues with the eyebrow tint front windshield, no issues with the camera housing behind the rear view mirror?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi did you any issues with the eyebrow tint front windshield, no issues with the camera housing behind the rear view mirror?
if you are asking me....I had no problems. I used 2 separate pieces of tint made a masking tape line on the outside to follow. I went about an inch below the windshield mark (the one you are not supposed to tint below). All went well and I think it looks very good

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tried Permashine the other day! I added 2 coats for maximum shine. washed tires twice to remove all dirt. this stuff is ultra sticky, so use gloves and be careful to not get it on anything else.
It says it can last up to a year, but most say it lasts a few months. I will update in a month or so.

UPdate: this stuff lasted about 2 months high gloss, and another 2 months duller finish

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20230702_132101_resized

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20230701_143210_resized

Last edited:

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to Tractor Supply today, Got the 4x6 Horse Mat. Cut to fit the bed and exactly enough to do the tail gate (just need some longer screws). Super heavy duty mat for $50.
It can also be flipped over for the smooth side.

Update:
The 4x6 mat is very heavy (100 lbs). The tail gate cut section is probably 20 lbs alone. I used longer screws with washers in place of the 8 screws (I only replaced 6 screws) on the tailgate metal access panel and longer screws on the black (bottle opener) on each side. Very Important - Make sure the tail gate will close before you decide drill holes in the mat for the screws. My mat sits perfectly on top of the floor part of the bed mat (see photo of tail gate closed). I used a crayon to mark where the mat has to sit to clear the bottom mat. The hardest part was cutting the wheel well cuts. I used a strong razor knife (sheet rock knife). It took about 20 passes with the knife to get through the 1" thick mat. Be patient and don't scratch your paint in the bed or the tail gate. I am very happy with the result. Best of Luck!

Tip: 42.5" between wheel wells, cut 2.75" off of each side for 31.5" (Length of wheel well) that is where you start your (45 degree) cut to each edge of the mat. Slide the mat forward flush against the front of bed. Now you can mark and cut where the bed floor ends (should be 54.5"). I mounted the remaining 17+ inches on the tailgate. (y)

20230608_161028_resized.jpg

20230617_103213_resized.jpg

20230617_103302_resized.jpg
Your tint is a very savvy DIY project. Not so much with the overweight horse mat, IMO. The FoMoCo bed mat is pretty nice, fits perfectly and even says Maverick on it. The OEM tailgate liner is better too. Has multiple slots for beers, lighters and knifes. I used all those tailgate slots this wknd. The slots are just out of the picture on the right.

It's funny that most replies asked about cheap aftermarket mud guards rather than the tint job. Also, It's kind of a head scratcher that you'll pony up for new wheels and tires, even a second Maverick but not the OEM mud guards or bed mat. Ford did a good job with the basic add-ons and they're worth the extra bucks if you ask me.

That said, I'd like to hear more about the tint job. Did you research a good pre-cut set? I think that could save quite a bit as a DIY project.

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20230405_120142

Last edited:

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tried Permashine the other day! I added 2 coats for maximum shine. washed tires twice to remove all dirt. this stuff is ultra sticky, so use gloves and be careful to not get it on anything else.
It says it can last up to a year, but most say it lasts a few months. I will update in a month or so.

20230702_132101_resized.jpg

20230701_143210_resized.jpg
Man I did not know there was a more permanent option. The one I use last 2-3 weeks but I will be switching to this

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Today I tinted all the windows and did a strip at the top of the windshield. I installed 20% on the front 2 windows and the windshield glare strip, and 35% tint on all the rear (factory dyed) windows. I used nano ceramic tint on every window. Very happy with the darkness (haven't tried it at night yet). Also today, I installed all 4 mud flaps with paint protection film between the mud flap and the paint. Mud flaps went on easily without a problem.

20230606_185522_resized.jpg

20230606_185514_resized.jpg

20230606_185530_resized.jpg

20230606_185540_resized.jpg
Can you tell me more about the tint? Where you bought it and how to install and any tips for install.

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can you tell me more about the tint? Where you bought it and how to install and any tips for install.
This is where I purchased my tint: https://www.ebay.com/itm/392934763397
I asked for 20% tint for the front 2 windows, and 35% tint for all the back (factory dyed windows).
I am very happy with the darker tint up front and about perfect match for the rear windows.
Also, Ceramic tint is very important in a hot & sunny climate to block the heat.
FYI - pre=cut Nano carbon tint can be purchased for about half the price of Ceramic. Just look below the ebay when you click on the link above. there are several to choose from.

Installation takes skills. I would watch some youtube videos on installing. If this will be your 1st attempt at tinting, I would suggest practicing on an older car first. Or hire professional to do your Maverick. If you screw up expensive tint you will be pissed off and or cost you a lot more money to reorder for the windows that you screwed up. Look below and click on similar threads in this forum

GFLukasik

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking good!
I think the 35% is for the front and 20% on the back (5% is limo black & only lets in 5% of light)

I tried doing it myself……….
Very hard to do!! :-/

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking good!
I think the 35% is for the front and 20% on the back (5% is limo black & only lets in 5% of light)

I tried doing it myself……….
Very hard to do!! :-/
Good job George! Tinting is not very easy. I have only tinted about 10 or so vehicles, so I am by no means an expert or a professional.
35% tint on the front 2 windows is what is legal in many states (including AZ). I went with 20% on the fronts because I like it darker. I did order 35% for the rear windows because that added to the factory dyed windows look very similar to 20% tint. (similar darkness all the way around).

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your tint is a very savvy DIY project. Not so much with the overweight horse mat, IMO. The FoMoCo bed mat is pretty nice, fits perfectly and even says Maverick on it. The OEM tailgate liner is better too. Has multiple slots for beers, lighters and knifes. I used all those tailgate slots this wknd. The slots are just out of the picture on the right.

It's funny that most replies asked about cheap aftermarket mud guards rather than the tint job. Also, It's kind of a head scratcher that you'll pony up for new wheels and tires, even a second Maverick but not the OEM mud guards or bed mat. Ford did a good job with the basic add-ons and they're worth the extra bucks if you ask me.

That said, I'd like to hear more about the tint job. Did you research a good pre-cut set? I think that could save quite a bit as a DIY project.

20230405_120142.jpg
Tom Tucker,
Thank You! I always have been a bargain hunter or DIY kind of guy. I understand about the mat and tailgate thing. Nothing wrong with Ford products (if you like to pay a little more)... I just like to try chit myself to see if I can do it maybe better, maybe not. I did my own ceramic/graphene coating too. I also like saving $ (like the mud flaps) and tires & Wheels. I always find awesome deals on wheels and tires. Example the Bronze wheels in my photo, I got the set for $300. and the tire set for another $300. with only 200 miles on them (came off a Ranger). The point is, if you look around a little, you can easily find deals that will work for you. So to each their own. Good luck and happy Mavericking! (y)

Sponsored
OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tail Gate Assist- With the extra 20Lbs mat added to the tail gate, I added tail gate assist. Some folks complained that the cylinder rubbed on the silver screw. Other threads suggested to install the plate at a slight angle (not vertical) to avoid contact. This works perfect as I did not try it in the vertical way. Sorry the video would not upload.

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20230710_150250_resized

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with a 265/60/18 AT. I believe they are the largest tire you can fit without a suspension Mod. They do not rub and drive very nice. They are Hankook ATM (came from a stock Ranger). I was looking for a somewhat mild AT tread and found it.

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20230531_194511_resized

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with a 265/60/18 AT. I believe they are the largest tire you can fit without a suspension Mod. They do not rub and drive very nice. They are Hankook ATM (came from a stock Ranger). I was looking for a somewhat mild AT tread and found it.

20230531_194511_resized.jpg
Just as update... Any issue with your mud flaps? I have weatherteck, that look similar.. Wonder if I get same as you are but 3x cheaper

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just as update... Any issue with your mud flaps? I have weatherteck, that look similar.. Wonder if I get same as you are but 3x cheaper
No problems, I have ordered another set for my Cyber Orange Hybrid. The cheap ones are exactly the same as the expensive/good ones! I think I paid about $40 for the set.
Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/266224128400

Last edited:

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cool. Can you please send measurements of from and back. From truck to the end of mud flaps. Thank you in advance
Sponsored