Sponsored

The Works vs Maintenance Schedule for car service?

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are only required to use synthetic if it’s a hybrid and once you use synthetic you cannot go back to normal oil. Synthetic is cleaner but normal oil has better gasket conditioners to keep the seals in good shape.
Ford Maverick The Works vs Maintenance Schedule for car service? 1684278624947

You could be correct The works is partial synthetic as well as the OEM oil

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a technician. I built boats and an airplane for the US Navy. I worked for a legend in drag racing. I also raced motorcycles for more than a decade. And, have been an advisor for 20 years. The techs you are talking to are idiots if they are telling you this. I am not picking on you, but as I have said many times in other threads. People getting bad or stupid advice on forums makes my job more difficult than it should be.
LM42 is correct. I am a race tech for Porsche and all Porsches come with Mobile 1 in them, do you know why? Mobile one donates its product to Porsche and they get to put a M! tag inside the P-cars. This encourages people to "follow the leader". I've put at least 5 different brands of oil in my present car. I've not noticed any difference on the street or the track. The car just requires fresh lubrications. This is all that is required.

OP
OP

phly95

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a helluva deal. My dealership still charges me the regular $129 cost for the oil and filter change even though I bring my own oil ( 6 quarts of Amsoil Signature Series).

Is that price from a dealership or a shop?
Ford Dealership

By the way, booking it through Ford's website rather than the link in the email shows $40, which is even cheaper than the $55 I was seeing before. Plus I can still use the FordPass points that came with the car, making it free in the end.

Last edited:

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was about to ask why people are paying for oil changes and tire rotations, unless they have used up the three free ones provided by the FordPass points. I believe they also provide one free engine air filter change and one free cabin air filter change.

OP
OP

phly95

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was about to ask why people are paying for oil changes and tire rotations, unless they have used up the three free ones provided by the FordPass points. I believe they also provide one free engine air filter change and one free cabin air filter change.
I'm pretty sure the points work like cash, so cheaper service means more free visits if I'm not mistaken.
Sponsored