Sponsored

The ultimate 2.0 Maverick would be 5 speed!

bluemaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none yet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be interesting, but yeah hard to find a manual these days in the USA! This post brought back some fond memories of my dads old truck and learning to drive a manual, 3 speed on the column haha. Now what if they added a bench seat?

Screenshot 2022-10-25 092052.png
My first car was a 1965 Ford Econoline with 3 on the tree. There were a couple of times when I ran out of gas and used the electric starter to get to the side of the road and out of traffic. I called it my hybrid car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first car was a 1965 Ford Econoline with 3 on the tree. There were a couple of times when I ran out of gas and used the electric starter to get to the side of the road and out of traffic. I called it my hybrid car.
Had my 2001 Tj for 18yrs I new it so well when i wanted to show off , I could take off in 1rst gear and then do the rest without using the clutch . 🧐

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice rides! My 3 year old actually has an 07 GT toy car just like yours, same color and striping as well so I’ll have to show him this picture. I wanted a nice blue Mustang like that but finding one with a manual was like looking for a needle in a haystack so I ended up with ingot silver lol. This one I’m hoping to replace someday with a Bullitt, Boss 302, Shelby (reaching for the stars on that one lol) or something else but it’s decent fun for now.

6F20E6A6-8B5F-490A-AE8A-7F5935DA0F0E.jpeg
When I got my 07, and the Bullitt came out I think in 08 I was pretty upset. I am a Steve McQueen fan, and a Bullitt fan, and really wanted one. I was hoping they woulda redid that movie with the new mustang and new charger.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't know if you're referring to me but I was definitely not complaining. I actually have always liked how manual transmissions for different manufacturers and models can be vastly different, it makes driving a manual even more fun and exciting. I've owned manual transmission cars and trucks from Chevy, Ford, Nissan, Volkswagen, Mazda and Subaru. I've also driven a few others that weren't my vehicle but that not very frequently. Volkswagen's have the most user friendly manual transmissions in my experience. Everything about their manuals from shift feel to the clutch just works seamlessly. Not that the rest were bad but I've always told people who were looking to learn how to drive a manual to find a VW to practice on.
I was refereing to alot of folks. I always put people i something with low range for learning to drive stick. Personally i learned on mid 80 international box truck hauling stacks of delicate flowers to and from a nursery.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Honda CRZ could also be had with a manual. Insight used a similar drivetrain. Did not know they could be has with a manual.
Critically those use a different arrangement for the electric motor which enables that. Rather than how Toyota/Ford/Pacifica have two motors integral to the transmission Honda (and a number of others like Hyundai/Kia) use a large flat motor sandwiched between the engine and transmission. So as far as a manual transmission is concerned it's just power coming coupled via the clutch be it from the motor or engine.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes that is why even if the Hybrid system went kaput. The car would still run. Got 42 mpg on mine auto tho. Only 2 seats but surprising amount of room. 250K till I wrecked it still ran great.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had my 2001 Tj for 18yrs I new it so well when i wanted to show off , I could take off in 1rst gear and then do the rest without using the clutch . 🧐
I always like doing that inline at the gas pumps! Only takes a couple cranks and a clutch push to move 1 car length forward.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never thought id go there, but having drivin a stick most of the last 30yrs (have had automatics for the last 3 years) after more than 20,000 miles in less than a year with my 2.0 fx4 4k , it handles so good, and is so quick I think it would be a blast as a 5 speed. As it stands its so responsive that I cant really give it shi& unless Im merging onto a highway, i can never really really! drive it in suburbia whithout having to let off the throttle almost straight away. As a 5 speed, i would at least be able to walk it through a few gears. Before my Mav I had a 2019 Wrangler Automatic Trans and found it to be the ultimate off road machine in low gear so smart and easy at crawling over anything with know stress, but the Maverick is a really nice road machine , I wonder what it would be like as a 5 speed.
My knees wouldn't let me drive a manual anymore. I would like to be able to manually shift the automatic.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If we had a real free market we would still have stick shifts. We would not have all this computer sh.. intervention on our cars. Thank God for our 73 Triumph TR-6, 4 speed 6 cyl engine that hauls BL..s on the straight away or turns. I bought the Maverick because it was cheap and I am 77. If I was 10 years younger I would have made a different recession. When your my age with my physical restraints of getting in and out of a car I had to buy something that would be easy in and easy out. 20 years ago I would be driving a roadster not a truck. However today I could not get in or out of a roadster. I must say my eco bust hits 90 getting on the bridge and having time to get down to 70 before the radar trap on the far side of the bridge. It handles good at 90 But it is not a roadster. Fun to drive I am past going 90 on the highway as I have given the state enough money over the years. Fun Truck
Sponsored