First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figure it this way. I get around 42-44 I'm in Florida so it's all flat. I don't need to prove nothing to nobody. I love it I'm keeping it and everything else is just trolling for comments. Oh yeah and it beats the shit out of all other little trucks.
Absolutely I've had 2 Ford Rangers since 1999 and just waited for a small hybrid to hit the market!
I agree with your post. So here are some numbers on my 2023 Hybrid XLT that arrived in March, And these numbers were arrived at by taking the miles driven by the actual # of gallons needed to fill up the tank.

My first 3 fill ups were normally when I my tank was about half full/empty. And the driving for these 3 fill ups were primarily in the city where the speed limit ranged from 25-45 mph. Maybe 10% of the driving was on a rural road where the speed limit was 55 mph. And those 3 fill ups resulted in mileage of 47, 45 & 48 MPG.

Now, I recently did a 1,500 round trip from NC to PA, the vast majority of it on interstate highways doing around 75 MPH. There was probably 10% of that trip mileage that was in the city once I reached my destination. Once again using actual miles driven, divided by the # gallons purchased, my overall trip averaged out to 37 MPG.

Hope that is the kind of info you were looking for.
You bet, that makes all the sense!
Sponsored

walshtj107

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230904_154626

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230904_154641

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230904_154659

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have hit over 700 miles per tank 4 times over 2 summers. 600 plus many times. Picture shows 55.1 mpg, truck always shows higher- figured at pump real mpg 52.7. Next tank real mpg 51.3. Last tank only got 45.4mpg had couple highway trips and in a hurry 2 trips ~ 60 miles.
My usual daily driving is 38 miles round trip to work. No highways, 25 to 55 mph, hilly with 5-6 stop signs.
Last nine tanks - 45.7, 40.3, 48, 47.3, 47, 47.8, 52.7, 51.3 and 45.4 all figured at pump.
Winter driving I put on snow tires, mileage is worse of course.
Many people have posted 700plus tanks on here. I saw 1 at 750. Best I have done is picture attached.
Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230805_125747

4kinsey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kinsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
Hey Truckman,

You state some valid points... do the math between fillups!!! Math doesn't lie.

Since I took delivery of my 23 Lariat Hybrid. I reset one of the trip odometers to zero before driving off the dealership lot.

Almost 12k miles later it is showing 46.something MPG. It was 47.whatever before a few trips in towing mode.

Furthermore, I have every receipt from each fillup, with mileage noted on the receipt. I am just to Fn lazy to do The Math...but I have the receipts!!

My intention is to do the math. Maybe one day.

I have also intended to form a Procrastan Club. As you can imagine, that has yet to happen.

What immediately attracted me to the hybrid Maverick was the claimed efficiency.
I'm a Realtor and drive a lot

I purchased a new 2005 Prius. And going 100 miles on 2 gallons of gas changes ones perspective.

This maverick checks ALL the boxes.

Comfortable, quiet, utilitarian AF, and great mileage.

However, I do have on order an Aperta Solar car. It burns No Gas and is Āmâzïŋg. When I take delivery of the Aptera, the Maverick goes on the mar
ket!!

Be careful drive fast!!

Sponsored

bake

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have checked my mileage over a full tank and the computed (by me) and computed (by computer) have been within about +/-2 mpg. I drive around town with occasional trips to nearby towns. I agree that it is pretty meaningless for very short trips and have never taken thought much about. Coming home last night from a friend's house, about 10 miles, I was surprised to see that I got 57 mpg. But it would be stupid to go around telling everybody my Mav gets 57 mpg. Over a tank I usually get around 40 mpg. On a longer trip pretty loaded with luggage, going 70, maybe into a headwind it is more like 30-35. In the summer with AC the mileage takes maybe a 4-5 mpg hit.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not getting 40 or 50 on my Hybrid XL.

But I am getting between 32 and 37.

And I am happy with that. I don't hypermile and I'm a big Highway and freeway driver.

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230802_143554

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG 20230714_165456

MakMony

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very happy with these numbers. Average driving on hilly terain.
Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG Screenshot_20230905-053428_FillU

Derwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick and Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For this tank I wasn't driving like i casually would, but rather intentionally aware of optimizing the hybrid system while still just doing normal activities including many short 1-mile trips and a couple times on the highway. (This tank lasted over a month!)
PXL_20230819_043117572.jpg

PXL_20230819_044142187.jpg

Fuel pump calculated 51.2 MPG

It's cool to know the truck is capable of these numbers, but most of the time I'm happy settling with 46 MPG and not having to focus so hard.
I get my 23 XLT hybrid tomorrow...I ain't getting much sleep tonight! Lol

Sponsored

bik77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lexus RX350 150Km
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was calculating MPG over 3 fill ups. Computer reading widely varies, plus and minus. Actual milage is about 40 MPG.

TarpDogg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1693756232686.png

Mic drrop
Love it! I'm glad that it's working out for you. I just don't see how that's possible unless you are being VERY intentional about it, which you must be. I also cart around my kids quite a bit and the bed isn't without something in it most of the time. I just drive the truck, in ECO mode, and I'm VERY happy with my average after coming from a 14 Colorado that averaged 19MPG.

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
37.72 total average mpg since I got it 14 months ago, calculated from an excel sheet where I track fill-ups. Truck says something like 39.2.

Quinnman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I totally agree I have owned a Prius new since 2007 (211K and still rolling) and the gauge mpg readings were never accurate.
I have a 2022 Maverick XL and just took a road trip from Chicago to Boston, New York, Ohio and back to Chicago. I have gotten around 45 MPG around town doing the hyper mileage routines like a Prius (i.e come up to speed and let off the gas pedal in eco mode and such). Also, the trick of feathering the gas pedal to maintain the energy/tach gauge in the green edge or slightly below the 1st white line above the green range while driving. Forces electric mode to stay on way longer than the Prius but the hybrid tech has improved in 16 years.
I always take mileage readings and actual gallons pumped calculations. On this trip (just returned this past week). The best tank average was 44 MPG and the worst tank average was 37 MPG. This was through mountains and flat runs and average highway speeds of 70 to 75 MPH. Just like the Prius the Maverick readings of mpg to actually measured and calculated results varied by anywhere from 2 to 5 mpg more on the readout than the actual. Just wanted to confirm your statements. However, the mileage has been more than the ratings for the most part on highway that Ford stated which was I believe 35 Highway. I have almost 11,000 miles on the truck and have always done the math from actual fill up quantities of gas and mileage readings.

Quinnman 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid delivered April 2022
Sponsored