First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Nov 1, '21 order showed up at the dealer the end of last week and I picked it up Tuesday.
2023 XLT Hybrid LUX CP360 Area 51. No problems at delivery. No strange markups (except for an attempt to charge for a window etch security add-on). Paid the revised Sept '22 order price, minus Ford Special offer and Farm Bureau discounts. The dealer was nice to install the Ford bed mat and tailgate liner, which I had ordered some time ago.
I am well pleased with the vehicle, get compliments on the color, and after 300 miles am getting 40 mpg. No strange noises or problems, my 5G Android phone is working fine with the 8" screen. I have a great home audio system and am not in a rush to change the car speakers as I don't have a high expectation for a truck stereo. The truck drives great, is quieter than I expected, and I don't have any sensation of the engine turning on/off. I am well pleased, and so is my wife.
Installed the 3D Maxpyder Kagu mats while at the dealer. They fit great! I installed the tailgate damper when I got home. Wednesday I installed the BAK Rev X4s, and it went well except for both rear plastic cormers being broken. Alex sent me the BAK # to call on Friday and I will see what they say tomorrow. I had planned to install the Musology mudflaps, but it seems the felt protectors are being shipped on a slow boat from China and may not get here until April!

Today I installed the Ford Perimeter Plus Security alarm after much consultation with the treads already posted on the Forum. Bad news: it took me much longer than it should have because I couldn't prise the connector from the back of the OBD2 port. I finally had to remove the 2 nuts holding the port (this was difficult because one screw is blocked) so I could see to take it apart. It does help to rip off the bottom left panel on the drivers side. It is held by 8 (not 4) clips, start from the steering column). It takes quite a tug, but once off, it is easy to take off the lighting switch panel just above it (4 clips). You will then see that you can easily drill the hole for the LED security indicator from behind this panel to go beside the headlight switch. The only way I can see to mount the security box (already posted by one member) is by tightly binding the security box with zip ties to the firewall using the 3 exposed large screws. I did remove the neg battery cable before I started since this took quite a while, and I didn't want to hear the door chime. The good news is that when I finished and reconnected the battery; the car electronics appeared to find the security system, as the LED started working and the steps 26 to 40 did not appear to do anything. The instructions that came with the system don't show any special actions. The LED blinks correctly when the truck is locked, the remote start works (I inserted the jumper), and when I jarred the drivers door I got the horn beep and the warning light flash. All's well that ends well!
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome and congratulations, think you will really like the little truck

OP
OP

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I replaced the Contis with Michelin Defender 2s, and added the Muslogy splash guards (with the felt tape). BAK sent new rear corners which were easy to replace on the X4s. I added the extra pieces for improved water protection as advised in the videos on Todd's truck life, but the X4s is not going to provide a dry bed.
My wife and I are really happy with the Mav. The ride is smoother and quieter than expected (partly due to the Michelins). The mileage is near 40 MPG. Now approaching 1500 miles. Using eco mode did not seem to make a difference (may even have been worse) to be worth the hassle. The '18 Subaru Forester just sits in the driveway. We use the Mav for everything (including going out to eat with another couple), and continue to get positive remarks on the Area 51 color.
Sponsored