Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good weed does it every time 😁
No the good stuff keeps people sane. In my experience.

Also how do you adjust the float bowls on this dang thing?
Sponsored

BMP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's wicked easy to disconnect the maverick TCU:

1. Remove right side lower center console trim (medium size piece of plastic on the transmission tunnel. From the corner closest to the passenger seat/floor - pull out and work all 5 tabs loose. Very easy.

2. The TCU is a black plastic module - it has a white label that is facing forward (hard to see because the label is in the middle of the module). The main connector is on the lower, passenger side of the box. seach google images for "Ford TCU" to know what to look for. Press plastic tab and pull down to disconnect the main harness.

3. The drivers side has 2 antenna hookups - but I dont think its necessary to remove them.

My question is - how much back log telemetry data do the rest of the modules store? An hour? A week? A month?

Also - is there any way to clear the telemetry cache from the vehicle - so if I take it to forward they cant pull the data that would normally have been uploaded over the cell network.

Thanks!
I took mine in to the dealership and they said they disconnected the TCU because I was experiencing the "dead" truck problem. Can you post a picture of step #1 - removal of the right side lower center console trim. I can't figure it out and I want to see if they really did disconnect it. Or, explain it a little further? Mine seems to be one large piece of plastic. Or, maybe two pieces, but not easy to remove. Thanks!!

Mavhavkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a good possibility that a bunch of Uxxxx codes will be stored in other modules if the TCU is unplugged. I can't remember if that module is online CAN or if it's tethered through another module. If tethered that module may need reprogrammed; if it's online then all the modules on that BUS may need reprogrammed.
You can remove the TCU and then disable the TCU module with FORscan and you won’t get DTC codes. You can also check all DTCs in FORscan. I have taken my TCU apart and noticed a place on the board for an 18650 sized battery. I wonder if these will be standard in the future.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn't pulling the fuse for the TCU do the same thing as unplugging it? Just asking.

Fuse 11, 5A. Fuse box located on the passenger side under the glove box.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You realize that by posting this howto, you have already invalidated any possible warranty, made the job of the Ford technician a lot more difficult, screwed up the engine smart workarounds, disabled the security system and then had your private information scraped multiple times. You're definitely not thinking clearly. Maybe those black helicopters over your secret shack have pointed their brain-destroying rayguns at you a little too much.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Voltage at battery before driving 25 miles yesterday 12.16V. After sitting in garage overnight voltage now is 12.01V. Interior lights and keypad still are lighting up. Today is 10 weeks of owning the truck with 835 miles on the clock.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wonder how long before we find someone bricking their Maverick via Forscan or some other utility they gathered from the Interwebs in the interest of staying anonymous? We'll here about it here first, because this is where they will come to aire their complaints. :p

I just realized the OP of this thread is now banned.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Voltage at battery before driving 25 miles yesterday 12.16V. After sitting in garage overnight voltage now is 12.01V. Interior lights and keypad still are lighting up. Today is 10 weeks of owning the truck with 835 miles on the clock.
I pulled the fuse and I’m having the issue of the interior lights not lighting up, anyone else experience this?
Sponsored