Tailgate Light Bar

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m starting to set up my new replacement Maverick with what I was able to salvage from my totaled Maverick before the insurance company hauled it off. It’s not as fun as the first time around.

I have access to a free 48” tailgate light bar by Reno. My new truck is a XLT hybrid without a trailer hitch which would require hard wiring the bar to the taillight units. Does anyone have experience with doing the same? Without a trailer hitch and harness do I avoid the problem of the vehicle assuming I’m hauling a trailer and shutting down the backup camera? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All you should need is the Curt T-harness (assuming the light bar has a 4-pin connector) for the Maverick, which doesn't use the factory tow connections. It won't require splicing, except possibly for the reverse light.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
48" tailgate lightbar? Holy crap! That is a huge amount of light for the rear at such a low level. Did you previously have it mounted back there on your totaled one?

I have added some Diode Dynamic flush mount back up lights in the past, but it was pretty much plug and play on my Tacoma.

How do you plan on mounting it?

*Edit
I get it now. Is it a 3rd brake light under the tailgate type thing? Like an adhesive strip lighting? When you say lightbar, I'm thinking an actual lightbar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AbnRgr

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. Double-sided tape under the tailgate.
Sponsored