Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
  • Banned
Okay, this will be the first time I have an embossed tailgate that you can't debadge. Part of me says don't highlight it. The other part says it looks cool with the lettering a different color, but that defeats debadging.

I'll admit, I'm color blind and I'm not able to mix colors all that well. So, I a couple questions for all the Alto Blue buyers:

1. Will you be putting the vinyl lettering in the tailgate imprint to highlight the MAVERICK name?

2. If so, what color vinyl will you put with the Alto Blue?

3. If, not, why not? I only ask because I ALWAYS debadge my vehicles and I can't on this one.

FYI: Thinking about replacing the Ford Oval with an American Flag Oval WITHOUT the Ford name.
The wife thinks the lettering should be Red.

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 1631567930412
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, this will be the first time I have an embossed tailgate that you can't debadge. Part of me says don't highlight it. The other part says it looks cool with the lettering a different color, but that defeats debadging.

I'll admit, I'm color blind and I'm not able to mix colors all that well. So, I a couple questions for all the Alto Blue buyers:

1. Will you be putting the vinyl lettering in the tailgate imprint to highlight the MAVERICK name?

3. If, not, why not? I only ask because I ALWAYS debadge my vehicles and I can't on this one.

FYI: Thinking about replacing the Ford Oval with an American Flag Oval WITHOUT the Ford name.

1631567930412.png
If my wife has her way it would be Orange, since shes a Auburn fan. 🤣

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have the American flag oval plus red Maverick letters I think that will really pop.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m thinking the silver letters from the accessories catalog. Not 100% convinced yet

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have red lettering on my 2019 Ranger (velocity blue) - I think it looks good, but it would probably stand out too much on Alto. That and the smaller lettering (given there are more letters...) might look cluttered with any brighter colors on Alto. I do think though that a dark finish, maybe gunmetal, or even a lighter brushed metal might look really good.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4. Duct tape over the tailgate imprint just like the duct tape I use on…. Never mind.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm back and forth on whether I'd want to add lettering since I like the subdued look of the debossed letters. However, when I see a Taco with vinyl lettering on a deboss I also think it looks good. I'm getting an Area51 Mav, so different boat.

For Alto I'm not sure what would work best. Orange would be neat. My designer gut says a lighter blue would look great, though. Here's a color scheme example:

https://www.canva.com/colors/color-palettes/mermaid-lagoon/

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes... Rapid Red FE black TBL letter insets

Last edited:

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Thinking either Matt black or Gator orange... when I pick up the truck I'll test with both colors...

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of depends on your wheels. I would favor a black lettering with black wheels or a SS look maybe with bright wheels.
I am still not set on black or ss lettering. I am going to wait and see how it looks on another Maverick first.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

1631567930412.png
I would order the chrome colored letters for your tailgate and keep ALL of those badges because everything will match up fine.

Yes, I ordered black colored letters for my velocity blue/FX4 tailgate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Kind of depends on your wheels. I would favor a black lettering with black wheels or a SS look maybe with bright wheels.
I am still not set on black or ss lettering. I am going to wait and see how it looks on another Maverick first.
Getting the 18" Black Painted Wheels on the Lariat.