First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ever since I took deliver of my 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid I have noticed an unsettling “knocking” sound whenever going slowly over larger speed bumps. It seems to happen when there is torsional stress on the frame and as the suspension rocks a few times there is a dull knocking sound.

I had a dealership tech ride with me and he heard it and agreed that it did not sound normal, so they took it in and performed an inspection of the suspension components which they found to be installed properly.

The knocking is still there and my question to the forum is: has anyone else aware of this on their truck?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Ever since I took deliver of my 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid I have noticed an unsettling “knocking” sound whenever going slowly over larger speed bumps. It seems to happen when there is torsional stress on the frame and as the suspension rocks a few times there is a dull knocking sound.

I had a dealership tech ride with me and he heard it and agreed that it did not sound normal, so they took it in and performed an inspection of the suspension components which they found to be installed properly.

The knocking is still there and my question to the forum is: has anyone else aware of this on their truck?
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this suspension knocking concern on my end?

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had a "rattle" (quiet knock?) front right corner over some bumps. The dealer did a test drive and confirmed, used "sound sensors" (microphones with magnet and transmitter) they put under while driving and said it's the strut. They don't take them apart so they ordered a new one.

But of course they ordered the wrong one (realized when truck was in for the swap) so we're still waiting to get it all resolved.

OP
OP
Maverick County XL
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they mention that the defect made the truck unsafe to drive? Do you have any more specifics on the defective part? I would like to use this information to return to Ford because the knock is not normal and may be unsafe.

BigMarty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does the same thing. It’s the rear seat. Mine wasn’t latched from the factor and still isn’t latched completely. I’ve heard many people on here complain of the same issue

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they mention that the defect made the truck unsafe to drive? Do you have any more specifics on the defective part? I would like to use this information to return to Ford because the knock is not normal and may be unsafe.
Ours does not- it's just a slight rattle, we've been driving it for weeks. Definitely check the comment about latching the rear seat tightly.

OP
OP
Maverick County XL
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my case the knock is fairly pronounced. Ford has reached out to me so I’m fairly confident we can get to the bottom of it.

OP
OP
Maverick County XL
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does the same thing. It’s the rear seat. Mine wasn’t latched from the factor and still isn’t latched completely. I’ve heard many people on here complain of the same issue
Thanks, I will look into that but it seems pretty clear that the sound is coming from the front suspension.
Sponsored