Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just rip 'em to your file format of choice and put them on your phone.
I dont have any audio/music on my phone. I dont actually have a phone, I have a tablet with 2 sim cards, one for work, one for home. Sometimes I just turn on some music playlists on youtube. Not a fan of the amazon or other music platforms really. The last platform I used that I like was limewire. Still got alot of those songs somewhere an usb stick. But shuffling through 1000s of songs is a bit of a pain in the butt compared to just popping in a CD and listening to all the songs a band took the time to record for ya. Its vexing for me on a personal level. More often than not just listen to the radio. Gravitating to stations or programs with a actual DJ. When I was a kid in the 90s I spent alot of nights connecting with people all over my area by listening to the same song at the same time. It was almost like going to a show, but being able to go about your day. People dont generally connect that way these days, but I cant say that I dont miss the feeling of the power of the radio.
Of course we all know the radio star died way back in 79'.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But shuffling through 1000s of songs is a bit of a pain in the butt compared to just popping in a CD and listening to all the songs a band took the time to record for ya.
You can put each album into it's own folder... makes it very easy.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I dont have any audio/music on my phone. I dont actually have a phone, I have a tablet with 2 sim cards, one for work, one for home. Sometimes I just turn on some music playlists on youtube. Not a fan of the amazon or other music platforms really. The last platform I used that I like was limewire. Still got alot of those songs somewhere an usb stick. But shuffling through 1000s of songs is a bit of a pain in the butt compared to just popping in a CD and listening to all the songs a band took the time to record for ya. Its vexing for me on a personal level. More often than not just listen to the radio. Gravitating to stations or programs with a actual DJ. When I was a kid in the 90s I spent alot of nights connecting with people all over my area by listening to the same song at the same time. It was almost like going to a show, but being able to go about your day. People dont generally connect that way these days, but I cant say that I dont miss the feeling of the power of the radio.
Of course we all know the radio star died way back in 79'.
Corporate America bought up and ruined most US radio stations. It is nothing but trash now. A few exceptions, mostly being public and community radio stations.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Corporate America bought up and ruined most US radio stations. It is nothing but trash now. A few exceptions, mostly being public and community radio stations.
In my experience there is about 1 in every region. But there are still some good songs on some of the others.

Sponsored

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had YouTube Premium for over 10 years. I use YouTube everyday so no adds, free movies, etc....and you get Youtube Music included.

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now available on Amazon is a CD player that connects to the USB port. It "fools" the info system into thinking it is a thumb drive with music tracks. Just search for a "car USB cd player". Cost is about $55 to $85. I got the more expensive unit so it has 3 methods of play, USB, FM, and aux in. Since I do not have my Mav yet, I cannot say for sure it will work in the Mav (it does in my 21 Mazda). If it does not work, return it. The one requirement is that the car must be able to recognize "WAV" music files; the Mav does. Other suppliers claim their player works in Rangers and F150s; so chances are they will in a Mav. The sound is great, and much better than streaming. If you are happy with streaming than this is not for you.
I would love it. I still have all my CDs from back when! Is there a link??

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now available on Amazon is a CD player that connects to the USB port. It "fools" the info system into thinking it is a thumb drive with music tracks. Just search for a "car USB cd player". Cost is about $55 to $85. I got the more expensive unit so it has 3 methods of play, USB, FM, and aux in. Since I do not have my Mav yet, I cannot say for sure it will work in the Mav (it does in my 21 Mazda). If it does not work, return it. The one requirement is that the car must be able to recognize "WAV" music files; the Mav does. Other suppliers claim their player works in Rangers and F150s; so chances are they will in a Mav. The sound is great, and much better than streaming. If you are happy with streaming than this is not for you.
Which one did you get?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I don't have time to play around transferring my cd's to my computer then transferring to a thumb drive. Heck my laptop doesn't have a cd slot.

Sponsored

Roadrunner11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't understand the hatred for physical media on this forum. I love owning CD's. I like to listen to one album at a time with no commercials. Even if I chose to pay for Spotify or any equivalent they let you choose the playlist to start then inevitably go with some trash that has me turn the volume down. If, on a road trip, I lose cell signal I get silence until I can grab signal again.

To anyone who likes streaming, more power to you. I think they'd make sense for podcasts but for me, CD's are the way.
I don’t think it’s a hatred of physical media, it’s a complete and total lack of understanding. And funnily enough many people get holier than thou about it, not to mention arrogant.
Many people don’t have the disposable income to indulge themselves to subscribe to streaming services, or update their technology every year. And some are just dinosaurs, because the older you get the harder it becomes to embrace new technology. And the industry Is just about raping your pocketbook. Like the music industry forcing CDs down our throats which were decidedly inferior musically to vinyl at that time. It has recently become impossible for me to even get my music from my computer to my devices anymore.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don’t think it’s a hatred of physical media, it’s a complete and total lack of understanding. And funnily enough many people get holier than thou about it, not to mention arrogant.
Many people don’t have the disposable income to indulge themselves to subscribe to streaming services, or update their technology every year. And some are just dinosaurs, because the older you get the harder it becomes to embrace new technology. And the industry Is just about raping your pocketbook. Like the music industry forcing CDs down our throats which were decidedly inferior musically to vinyl at that time. It has recently become impossible for me to even get my music from my computer to my devices anymore.
And some do not like the poor music quality of many streaming sites.

PSchiefelbein

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my biggest concerns in downsizing from my 2018 F150 to a Maverick was how I was going to feel about losing the CD player and sound system I had loved for the past 5 years. After waiting a year the Maverick finally came. I took a chance and ordered a USB disk player from Amazon, the "Posspo Jupiter CD DVD player for car" despite its appalling name. If you're looking to play cds in your Maverick, this is your answer. I plugged it in, set the car's audio source to USB and was stunned by both the ease and the quality of the sound I was hearing. This is even better than what I had before! Not only that, it fit perfectly under the dash using an included Velcro attachment. And the track numbers and timings are displayed on the Maverick display plus buttons to skip or replay tracks. I am one happy camper and highly recommend this unit.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just use BT and Pandora. It connects as soon as I get in. Hank Williams 3 radio starts playing.:cool:
Sponsored