First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 + Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I need more storage, and with two kids car seats I can't fold the rear seat up to access all that prime storage. I'm looking to modify the plastic under the rear seats so I can get side access (from the door side not the front) to the storage compartments.

I havent seen anyone do this, but can someone without childrens seats currently installed tell me if it's one panel of plastic to cut through or two? I'm hesitant if it's two because I don't want this unsightly void, but if it's one piece of plastic I can make the opening look good and have decent access.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The corner sill/bin edge with the pocket visible when the seat is down could potentially be cut to allow access to the underseat, perhaps. Something like this area (to borrow the image from the above linked thread).

Ford Maverick Side access to rear under seat storage 1685379852217

The upright portion at least. Once you get down to the horizontal area highlighted in wavy-lines there you're to where the bin interior piece doesn't really reach so you'd be exposing more of the primered metal surface. In my experience that panel can be popped off fairly easy if you want to see what you're dealing with.

OP
OP

maverickeric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 + Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have something similar already from another brand which fits perfect length wise - this would be used for long trips/vacations.

Otherwise I have a milwaukee packout with base I just mounted, so when the tail gate is up and locked, the packout is locked as well, so far so good. Using this more for when I purchase stuff from the store and need temporary storage or for bringing my tools around.

OP
OP

maverickeric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 + Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The corner sill/bin edge with the pocket visible when the seat is down could potentially be cut to allow access to the underseat, perhaps. Something like this area (to borrow the image from the above linked thread).

1685379852217.png

The upright portion at least. Once you get down to the horizontal area highlighted in wavy-lines there you're to where the bin interior piece doesn't really reach so you'd be exposing more of the primered metal surface. In my experience that panel can be popped off fairly easy if you want to see what you're dealing with.
Thanks for the screen grab - the vertical part is exactly what I was hoping to cut out. I think it will look fine and serve it's purpose. Probably next weekends project.
Sponsored