Sponsored

SHAME on Smith Ford, of Washington NJ. Full Series of events.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My opinion
First
Your situation sucks royally!
Second
Those of you that are going to order in the future. Your local yocals have not changed with the times. I drove about 3 hours round trip to get mine at Chapman in Horsham. First heard about them on this site. 4% under dealer invoice so they were the best price by far. They knew what they were doing in regards to the ordering process, they were clear and concise in what I must do and what will happen throughout the process. They do volume and had a respectable amount of allocationā€¦these three things are CRITICAL! I didnā€™t need to put down a deposit, they were fine if I didnā€™t take delivery. Reality is they were probably hoping that I didnā€™t, lol. I did check with three local dealers, they werenā€™t willing to come off of MSRP and all said my price from Chapman was ā€œincredibleā€œ. My suggestion is check the three things I mentioned above before going with a dealer.
Third
This site is great. Use it!!!! There are numerous threads that detail the ordering process and the information you should get from the dealer and Ford to know everything is going according to the process. So much information on here on the Maverickā€¦more information than your local guy knows in most cases.
Last but not least
I feel like I got a great vehicle. My Maverick has exceeded my expectations. I ordered it without ever seeing one and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I did learn that I chose a reputable dealer that knew what they were doing and my experience was great.

Good luck to all
Sponsored

GrundyDunn

First Name
Chris Dunn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I mean seems like it something that is happening to everyone else to. Some dealers have not received one hybrid maverick as well and Ford does not help out the dealers either. Ford just tells the customer to contact the dealer they ordered if from to get updates when there are no updates to give because they are not producing them. Think of how many other customers are contacting and wondering where the orders are at as well.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had almost the exact same thing happen. After months of being told I had an order, I find out it was number actually processed and my sales rep was fired.

There are so many factors in this chaos playing out, it's hard to know where the issue started. I bet a lot of orders got messed up due to the new ordering process. Add way more orders than expected and supply constraints and you have a shitnado.

Sorry dude! I feel your pain.

Yes, the new ordering process has caused many mess ups. But it is no excuse....you should see how many reminder emails the Ford reps sent to dealers about ROVP/COVP!! Even exactly which orders needed to have it done still.

In some dealerships this info never got to the right people.

OP
OP

kodzilla

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive
I mean seems like it something that is happening to everyone else to. Some dealers have not received one hybrid maverick as well and Ford does not help out the dealers either. Ford just tells the customer to contact the dealer they ordered if from to get updates when there are no updates to give because they are not producing them. Think of how many other customers are contacting and wondering where the orders are at as well.
This issue here isn't that I haven't gotten it. Its that they didnt put the order in for 2 months, then put it in the wrong way and lied to me about it.

If they had put the order in correctly, and I got the confirmation email - I would have never had a need to reach out to them, I would patiently wait as I understand the shortages and issues facing supply chain. But when I read the forums and see everyone saying "Got my confirmation email 30 minutes after I was at the salesmans desk", and the dealer is offering me no explanation - something is wrong.

OP
OP

kodzilla

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive
Update to this for anyone interested. I stopped by this afternoon and the salesman actually stood up from a customer and come to me with an envelope. Asked for my receipt and gave me the check they said was impossible to mail to me.

Just one final middle finger to me, the pettiness to make me come in, and lying that I needed my original payment card.

I can be petty too. Www.smithfordlies.com, tell your friends! Lol

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
give us the breakdown of exactly how many of each different model was included in your 300,000 last quarter, or compare the Tesla 300k against ALL Ford products built in 1st quarter instead of just singling out Maverick. Anything else is just dishonest and makes you look like a Tesla fanboi above all else who isn't interested in comparing facts.

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update to this for anyone interested. I stopped by this afternoon and the salesman actually stood up from a customer and come to me with an envelope. Asked for my receipt and gave me the check they said was impossible to mail to me.

Just one final middle finger to me, the pettiness to make me come in, and lying that I needed my original payment card.

Definitely a shady dealer -- makes me thankful for mine where I've bought two previous vehicles.

The reason I'm commenting, however, is the website. That's awesome! :ROFLMAO:

GrundyDunn

First Name
Chris Dunn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco

thanks for all the info and not keeping the salesmen's name out of it is considered defamation of character and can take legal actions on this.
Sponsored