Sponsored

SE Houston Mavericks -- Driving Through Recent Tornado Debris?

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any Maverick owners or prospective owners in the areas where the tornado hit this week in the Houston area? I know I was as I live in Deer Park, but I wanted to check on others.

I’ve had my Mav less than a week and already endured driving over debris to include - unfortunately - acquiring tornado debris in my driver’s side rear tire… which is sadly not repairable, I’m still checking for warranty coverage, and I’m in between pay periods so definitely cannot afford to replace it…

Ford Maverick SE Houston Mavericks -- Driving Through Recent Tornado Debris? 7698D52E-65F0-4113-A573-AC96E6983E6A
Sponsored

Last edited:

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's good to hear that you weren't caught IN a tornado, that would be catastrophic damage.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Maverick owners or prospective owners in the areas where the tornado hit this week in the Houston area? I know I was as I live in Deer Park, but I wanted to check on others.

I’ve had my Mav less than a week and already endured driving over debris to include - unfortunately - acquiring tornado debris in my driver’s side rear tire… which is sadly not repairable, I’m still checking for warranty coverage, and I’m in between pay periods so definitely cannot afford to replace it…

7698D52E-65F0-4113-A573-AC96E6983E6A.jpeg
Unless you purchased some extra "tire care" plan....there will be no coverage for tire damage.

OP
OP

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless you purchased some extra "tire care" plan....there will be no coverage for tire damage.
I’m definitely aware of that. I was more referring to one of the warranties included in the loan through my little mom and pop credit union. Thankfully my best friend and some of her neighbors at a military base out in California gathered up what they could and sent me $270 to help purchase a new Pirelli Scorpion ATR. I have enough to cover the rest.

I was already planning to add Discount Tires’s warranty when my pay comes in next week, but I didn’t foresee a tornado causing debris to be on the road needing to speed up the warranty being purchased.

OP
OP

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's good to hear that you weren't caught IN a tornado, that would be catastrophic damage.
I’m very grateful I wasn’t with as I was actually just about to step out of the house to get in the Mav and go somewhere when the wind and rain picked up in craziness, etc, alerts went off on our phones, and power started tripping in the house! My sister then literally said “ Get your ass back in this house!” 😳

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m definitely aware of that. I was more referring to one of the warranties included in the loan through my little mom and pop credit union. Thankfully my best friend and some of her neighbors at a military base out in California gathered up what they could and sent me $270 to help purchase a new Pirelli Scorpion ATR. I have enough to cover the rest.

I was already planning to add Discount Tires’s warranty when my pay comes in next week, but I didn’t foresee a tornado causing debris to be on the road needing to speed up the warranty being purchased.
It was certainly bad luck! Glad you have gotten some friends to help and will be able to get it fixed up!
Sponsored