TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've made a couple Forscan mods, just the Autostart delete and added Eco and Sport drive modes. While this was easy enough, I'd like to save this configuration so I don't have to go through all the steps again in case it gets reset by a dealer. Is there an easy way to do this in Forscan?

I've heard Ford dealers will roll back any Forscan modifications when doing basic recalls.

I'm tagged for the turn signal recall but since my dealer is an hour and a half drive over a snowy mountain pass, that can wait until next spring.
Sponsored

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've made a couple Forscan mods, just the Autostart delete and added Eco and Sport drive modes. While this was easy enough, I'd like to save this configuration so I don't have to go through all the steps again in case it gets reset by a dealer. Is there an easy way to do this in Forscan?

I've heard Ford dealers will roll back any Forscan modifications when doing basic recalls.

I'm tagged for the turn signal recall but since my dealer is an hour and a half drive over a snowy mountain pass, that can wait until next spring.

đź‘€
BOOKMARKED

I will be getting an oil change in 9 days and have added cruise control to my 2022 XL Hybrid Maverick - expect them to do the turn signal recall on my truck.

OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
đź‘€
BOOKMARKED

I will be getting an oil change in 9 days and have added cruise control to my 2022 XL Hybrid Maverick - expect them to do the turn signal recall on my truck.
I'm wanting to try a couple more tweaks, like traffic sign recognition and perhaps lane assist, BUT I am hesitant to do all this before the turn signal recall if Ford is just going to roll all the work back to As Built.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm wanting to try a couple more tweaks, like traffic sign recognition and perhaps lane assist, BUT I am hesitant to do all this before the turn signal recall if Ford is just going to roll all the work back to As Built.
I have that installed too ( and it's great).

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far, I’ve seen posts complaining the BCM is reset to as-built configuration during the turn signal recall (where they presumably update the BCM software).

I plan to use FORScan to back up each module before taking my Mav in for service during the next oil change. That way I can restore anything the dealer resets.

If I remember correctly, I had to update BCM settings for my lane keep and traffic sign recognition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far, I’ve seen posts complaining the BCM is reset to as-built configuration during the turn signal recall (where they presumably update the BCM software).

I plan to use FORScan to back up each module before taking my Mav in for service during the next oil change. That way I can restore anything the dealer resets.

If I remember correctly, I had to update BCM settings for my lane keep and traffic sign recognition.
I think I already saved the modules I changed.

I was just hoping there was a way to save a "master" backup of all the changes I've made (similar to the As Built backup), so I could restore them in one click rather than having to restore each mod individually.

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I already saved the modules I changed.

I was just hoping there was a way to save a "master" backup of all the changes I've made (similar to the As Built backup), so I could restore them in one click rather than having to restore each mod individually.
Not that I’m aware of. That would definitely make restoring easier.

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just as you were supposed to back up the config for each module (as built format), just do the same to the modules you changed info for as they are now. You can use this to reflash the module back.
If the dealer re-program's a module like the BCM, I would just go back and make the changes again. I would not reflash what you have saved as this would undo what the dealer did (especially for the recall).

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

:cool:
Happy to report I had the oil change (and no recalls) done today.

I did request at the dealership drop off this morning that they not perform any other services during this visit.
Sponsored