Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have an XL AWD with 4K tow package and when connected, all lights work except the running lights. I have verified this with a multimeter and I get ~12v on every pin on the 4-pin connector except the running lights. Same on the 7-pin connector--all work except the running lights. I've checked the manual and it doesn't look like the running lights are fused separately from the other lights. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I really don't want to take my truck to the Ford Service Center if there is a simple fix. Also, I'm 67 years old and getting under my truck to check wiring would be very difficult, but doable, so that would be a last resort.
Sponsored

OP
OP
garryjohnson

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update: I took my Maverick to Ford Service Center to get this sorted out and found out that each trailer function on both of the plugs is fused separately and the fuse for running lights was blown. No idea when it was blown. The trailer I hooked it up to worked fine on my friend's F-150, but when I hooked it up to mine--no running lights. Hooked it back up to his and it worked fine again.
So now I know.