First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got back from a two week road trip in my 2.0 ECO/AWD/ XL. I traveled over 2100 miles from Columbus, OH and back. Along the way I stopped in Mooresville, NC. Metter GA, Tallahassee, Fla, Pensacola, Fla, Birmimgham, AL and Bardstown, Ky. The trip was probably around half on the Interstate, about half on State Highways and the rest in the various cities I went to. I averaged 28.8 MPG almost all of it in regular driving mode.
Overall the truck drove great and handled well. Most of the legs of my journey was about 5 hours long. The seat was comfortable with little rode noise. The truck was responsive on the highways, Smooth easy acceleration when needed for passing. I did not feel any blowback or cross winds from passing semis.
When I got to Bardstown, a snow storm was going to hit the area the next day. The locals only expected about 2 inches. I think they go a lot more. The drive out of there was snowy as hell. For the portion of the drive from Bardstown to Lexington and most of the way to Louisville, I used the slippery road mode. I had absolutely no issues. Despite snow covered roads, I had no problems. The truck handled just fine. The only real problem was that the front camera got covered with ice, so the front collision assist monitor did not function for a period of time. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am sure I left a lot out.

Ford Maverick Road trip review IMG-0271

Ford Maverick Road trip review IMG-0259
Sponsored

Grunkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 lariat powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your sig says xlt...but your truck is xl? Was not having cruise control an issue? Good to hear the seats are comfy.

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your sig says xlt...but your truck is xl? Was not having cruise control an issue? Good to hear the seats are comfy.
Ordered an XLT but then dealer called and said they had an XL in stock. So I bought. No cruise. I never used it when I had it.

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you planning on coming back through Mooresville?
No, my son lives there. I stopped for Christmas. Then took a road trip to Florida. Came back thru Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky
Sponsored