Right rear window stuck in roll down position

KPalafox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I received my Maverick XL in April, I absolutely just love this truck! But I recently came up with a problem where I rolled the right rear window down and now it doesn't want to come up, anyone, Kevin else had this problem, is there a solution without having to take it in? It's the rainy season so I got to be able to roll the damn window up. Waiting for your responses anxiously, thanks,
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it a hybrid?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Commonly seems to be a failure of the driver's door window switch. Only 'fix' if you're mechanically inclined would be to take the RR door panel off, disconnect the motor pigtail, and jump it with 12V to roll it back up in the meantime.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Commonly seems to be a failure of the driver's door window switch. Only 'fix' if you're mechanically inclined would be to take the RR door panel off, disconnect the motor pigtail, and jump it with 12V to roll it back up in the meantime.
This is exactly what the dealership did with mine. The switch burned out the motor, so we're in line for a new switch and motor - which is on backorder!

Not to worry though, they'll get your window back up and leave the switch disconnected so it can't be rolled back down.

Sponsored

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my Maverick XL in April, I absolutely just love this truck! But I recently came up with a problem where I rolled the right rear window down and now it doesn't want to come up, anyone, Kevin else had this problem, is there a solution without having to take it in? It's the rainy season so I got to be able to roll the damn window up. Waiting for your responses anxiously, thanks,
It sucks but if you can't get in for service immediately, you'll have to bag the window.

Ford Maverick Right rear window stuck in roll down position 20220723_150742

Painters tape and plastic (a trash bag) will seal it without damage to the paint (in my experience) then you can put a second, larger bag over the window to protect the tape from being tugged off by the wind.

It actually worked incredibly well with keeping road noise down to a minimum, though I didn't test on the highway.

Welcome to the 3 Window Mav Club. We're getting bigger every day.

Ford Maverick Right rear window stuck in roll down position yeah-thats-cool-guess-memes-com-17364233

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is exactly what the dealership did with mine. The switch burned out the motor, so we're in line for a new switch and motor - which is on backorder!

Not to worry though, they'll get your window back up and leave the switch disconnected so it can't be rolled back down.
Is this switch failure pretty common? What causes it?

Tinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is at least one other thread on this issue, hopefully @Ford Motor Company can look into it.

OP
OP
KPalafox

KPalafox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I started to try to take the panel off but there seems to be a few difficult parts that I can't figure out how to get undone and I'm afraid I'll break something

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this switch failure pretty common? What causes it?
Including mine, I believe this is the fourth I've seen total, and I think there are two other threads here for it. 🫤

As for what causes it, you press the switch and it gets stuck down. Simple as that - maybe I was a little heavy with the press but let's be real, I shouldn't have to gently caress my window switches (and they require a bit of pressure anyway). Some say you can smack the shit out of the door and unjam it, but mine wasn't game for that and by that point the motor had burned up (per the Ford guys that looked at mine)

I love this truck to death, but I am amazed they don't have an upper and lower limiter to prevent the motor from valiantly trying to run the window through the bottom of the door LOL

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Including mine, I believe this is the fourth I've seen total, and I think there are two other threads here for it. 🫤

As for what causes it, you press the switch and it gets stuck down. Simple as that - maybe I was a little heavy with the press but let's be real, I shouldn't have to gently caress my window switches (and they require a bit of pressure anyway). Some say you can smack the shit out of the door and unjam it, but mine wasn't game for that and by that point the motor had burned up (per the Ford guys that looked at mine)

I love this truck to death, but I am amazed they don't have an upper and lower limiter to prevent the motor from valiantly trying to run the window through the bottom of the door LOL
When you say that the switch gets stuck down, do you mean that the driver's door switch becomes physically jammed, or do you mean that it becomes electrically confused, with the physical switch still working normally, but the window not responding?

Either is bad, and Ford should step up. "Built Ford Tough" should not just be marketing.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you say that the switch gets stuck down, do you mean that the driver's door switch becomes physically jammed, or do you mean that it becomes electrically confused, with the physical switch still working normally, but the window not responding?

Either is bad, and Ford should step up. "Built Ford Tough" should not just be marketing.
It doesn't feel stuck, clicks as per usual, but I think the actual on-silicon element that the switch interacts with becomes stuck - as it doesn't immediately become apparent it's a switch issue. My first thought was that the window regulator bit it. I only knew it was a switch issue when someone commented about it on my earlier thread, and then when the dealership service department confirmed it.

Oddly I think all the ones I've seen have been the same exact window too...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some say you can smack the shit out of the door and unjam it, but mine wasn't game for that and by that point the motor had burned up (per the Ford guys that looked at mine)
Smacking a dead window alive is more for old motors where the brushes/commutator are getting bad. Also sometimes works for starters and fuel pumps.

OP
OP
KPalafox

KPalafox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Got the panel off and it really sounds like the motor is burned up, you hear it clicking when you push the main button down and the one over at the window down you can hear it click and you listen up close to where the motors at and that's where it's clicking so it's getting power or communicating but the motor just doesn't want to raise it. And I had to have a friend come over and together we were able to diagnose how to get the panel off so if anybody wants to know the tricks you can always write me

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this window concern on my end. Thank you!
Sponsored