First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is mine on my 2022. No issue at all. No hood issues.

Ford Maverick *Resolved* Direct Factory Parts Scam - Bait and Switch IMG_9030
Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These used to be called “bug shields”. They worked for that purpose, sorta.

I never had one that deflected any size rock from the windshield which is why I quit using them long ago.

Highjack over.

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so I'm not mad or anything, but what if (for years) every time someone was an a-hole someone said, "Dude that's really a Luke move."? Do you think you'd get a little tired of it?

My very kind wife's name is Karen, and she won't even give her real name at Starbucks or fast food places anymore, because people really do treat her differently now. There are a million women named Karen. Let 'em have their name back.
Agreed, I have a sister named Karen. Instead of Karen, just say Stupid F****** B****, that's what you really mean any way.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed, I have a sister named Karen. Instead of Karen, just say Stupid F****** B****, that's what you really mean any way.
I have a brother named Karen 😁

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Easily fixable by adjusting the hood bumpers, and rear seal.
Glad I got this one as it actually keeps bugs and rocks off the windshield. I had a rock crack my windshield 12 days after I bought my truck, now nothing hits it.

This model has been discontinued though, I'm not sure why many websites still show the photo when they are selling the new model.
The original part ends in a C
VNZ6Z16C900C
IMG_20220412_130217.jpg
Thank You! I too (Like the OP) want to buy this hood deflector (WITH THE BUMP). I cannot find it anywhere. IF anyone knows where this defelector with the bump can be purchased, please let me know.

UPDATE: I called Lund (bought by Truck Hero) who makes the Areoskin hood deflector. And they did verify that the part # VNZ6Z16C900C (with the bump) is no longer produced and the only way to find one would be a used or re-sale model on the open market

Last edited:

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank You! I too (Like the OP) want to buy this hood deflector (WITH THE BUMP). I cannot find it anywhere. IF anyone knows where this defelector with the bump can be purchased, please let me know.
I'd try local dealers, maybe even going there to verify the correct part.

I got mine at a local dealer, and they had a few more, but that was a year ago.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BUYERS BEWARE!

I recently ordered the hood deflector with the bump from Direct Factory Parts .com. The sent me the version without the bump and told me that the one with the bump only works on the 2023+ Maverick?!?! I told them they are wrong since the one with the bump came out in 2021. They refused to send me the correct part and claim it is an issue with my VIN being a 2022 MY. I told them I was willing to take my chance that it doesn't fit and asked them to send it anyway and correct their mistake, they refused. I have filed a complaint with BBB and left a google review explaining my situation. Hope I can help other members by bringing this to the communities attention.

Long story short, don't waste your time, money, or energy on this useless company. You're not going to get what you ordered and they refuse to make it right.

Direct Factory Parts Scam.png
UPDATE: I called Lund (bought by Truck Hero) who makes the Areoskin hood deflector. And they did verify that the part # VNZ6Z16C900C (with the bump) is no longer produced and the only way to find one would be a used or re-sale model on the open market

OP
OP
OniZanza

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: The company contacted me this afternoon (Thank you BBB) and we reached a mutual agreement to resolve the issue. Without getting into the details, Factory Direct Parts did eventually make it right.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: The company contacted me this afternoon (Thank you BBB) and we reached a mutual agreement to resolve the issue. Without getting into the details, Factory Direct Parts did eventually make it right.
Glad to hear it worked out. You may want to update the thread title.
Sponsored