Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been hoping someone makes a grill guard for the Maverick. I wanted to get one B4 I even take it out from Dealership when it arrives. Lots of deer in Wisconsin! Anyone know who makes them? Smaller ones.
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least it's driveable. Gotta be annoying though - that truck driver just knocked a few thousand off your resale value and insurance sure doesn't reimburse for that.
That is not exactly correct. I had a primo RAM 1500 Limited loaded that didn't have a mark on it and was side swiped by a Jeep. Her insurance paid for the repairs and my insurance was satisfied but I wasn't. There is a legal term for the lost value from getting in an accident called "diminished value". I had to jump through a few hoops for the insurance company of the person who caused the accident and my insurance wouldn't get involved but eventually was paid an additional $5500 for the lost value incurred in the accident

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is not exactly correct. I had a primo RAM 1500 Limited loaded that didn't have a mark on it and was side swiped by a Jeep. Her insurance paid for the repairs and my insurance was satisfied but I wasn't. There is a legal term for the lost value from getting in an accident called "diminished value". I had to jump through a few hoops for the insurance company of the person who caused the accident and my insurance wouldn't get involved but eventually was paid an additional $5500 for the lost value incurred in the accident
Interesting. It pays to open your mouth.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Maverick from my dealer and within 2 hours was backed into by a tractor trailer. Damage was to the hood, grill, plastic piece between the grill and the bumper. The truckers insurance recommended a body shop in Titusville Fl. The manager says the Maverick isn't in the parts data base for estimating repair costs yet.. He referred me to the dealer I purchased the truck at. The manager there says he will have to look the parts up manually since he uses the same database. No one is sure of the availability of the parts anyhow. Does anyone have any information on the availability of body parts?

20211217_142909.jpg
Ouch! Oh that's rough. You felt so good about having the perfect new truck....and now THIS. Probably get pissed every time you look at it.

OP
OP

Mikeoley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will pursue the diminished value aspect when I get the truck fixed.. As of right now I haven't herd from the body shop as to the availability of the parts. I'm guessing its not good since they don't make money until its fixed.

Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will pursue the diminished value aspect when I get the truck fixed.. As of right now I haven't herd from the body shop as to the availability of the parts. I'm guessing its not good since they don't make money until its fixed.
Sorry to read this. Stay on top of the dealer. Many are not good in following thru with customers.

OP
OP

Mikeoley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called my dealer yesterday. They have all the parts except the hood. They couldn't give me an ETA for it but at least its progress
Sponsored