Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does any one else find it not as easy noticing an all red turn signal as compared to an amber rear signal? Especially in bright daylight. My eye never has difficulty picking up an amber signal, but the red is another deal altogether.
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
If you are male, ever been checked for red green colour blindness? What you describe is fairly common in those with it

OP
OP

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are male, ever been checked for red green colour blindness? What you describe is fairly common in those with it
Definitely not color blind. The red signal with red brake light especially when the brake light is lit up, is what makes it harder for me to see. It's probably the brightness of the brake light that bugs me.

I prefer vehicles that have an amber rear signal because they are easy to differentiate. Hopefully more will chime in on this topic.

Thanks

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My issue is with LED lights/brake lights, especially in Cadillacs. My eyes see tracers as if I'm on acid. No, I'm not on acid!
Are you certain MK Ultra actually ended?
Eaten any funny tasting rye bread?

sometimes lights are legitimately brighter and sometimescwe are just more sensitive to a frequency than others

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My issue is with LED lights/brake lights, especially in Cadillacs. My eyes see tracers as if I'm on acid. No, I'm not on acid!
Wait until you see the sticker price to replace the LED lights.....last LED light I had to replace was 1200.00 before labor...................................

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Wait until you see the sticker price to replace the LED lights.....last LED light I had to replace was 1200.00 before labor...................................
Yikes! At that point I’d be rigging some 12v leds from Amazon.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yikes! At that point I’d be rigging some 12v leds from Amazon.
Yup. I saw a Tahoe getting their rear replaced. 740 bucks. Have to buy the entire assembly

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you speaking this being a Maverick specific issue or in general on many other cars/trucks?

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I hope the Mavericks headlights aren’t that expensive.
The headlights will be $500-800 each. Since they're fully LED, there's no way to simply replace a "bulb" if your low or high-beam goes out, have to replace entire assembly.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The headlights will be $500-800 each. Since they're fully LED, there's no way to simply replace a "bulb" if your low or high-beam goes out, have to replace entire assembly.
But barring cracks in the housing they should last somewhere around 10 years of continuous use

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I was in a body shop getting a quote on my Escape's 3rd world paint job a couple weeks ago and there was a kid in there getting a quote on some front end damage on a new Mustang. I watched him damn near shit his pants when they came back with "well, it's $1200 just for the headlight and housing..."
o_O o_O o_O

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does any one else find it not as easy noticing an all red turn signal as compared to an amber rear signal? Especially in bright daylight. My eye never has difficulty picking up an amber signal, but the red is another deal altogether.
Who uses turn signals? I have (3) brake lights, if they can't see one of them, then they need to get off the road.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely not color blind. The red signal with red brake light especially when the brake light is lit up, is what makes it harder for me to see. It's probably the brightness of the brake light that bugs me.

I prefer vehicles that have an amber rear signal because they are easy to differentiate. Hopefully more will chime in on this topic.

Thanks
This is a real concern. Amber turn signals are simply more visible and lead to fewer crashes than red (and even worse, integrated). It’s legitimately frustrating on European vehicles like mine which have to have amber turn signals when sold in the EU, but they’re stripped for us Americans. Another example is the Mustang turn signals, amber in the EU, but they cheap out on us.

I’m not sure if this is just business as usual with the auto industry trying to save a couple cents or what, but it happens on vehicles at all price ranges, and I have never heard of a defense other than “it’s not mandated here.”

Sponsored