First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Velocity Blue XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I spoke with the service manager again today. I asked him why the tech wasn't following the procedure for the repair as set out by Ford. He clarified for me WHY the tech was loosening or removing the bumper cover which caused the damage. He said the tech's hands were too big to reach in and remove the vanes. I suggested that the next time this happens, the tech ask for someone with slimmer hands give him some help. The service manager assured me that was their plan going forward. He also told me the part had arrived, and that my truck and the part were at the body shop being color matched and that I should have the truck back in a couple of days. Hope this helps people avoid a similar situation!
Sponsored

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
And for clarification. This had nothing to do with metal or welds, or faulty Ford products. This was a plastic bumper that had the plastic flange torn off it by a tech who did not know how to remove the bumper. The part that was torn off looks like this when it is still part of the bumper.
Ford Maverick Recall Work Revealed Another Problem - Be Aware IMG_1034.JPG

Ford Maverick Recall Work Revealed Another Problem - Be Aware IMG_1033.JPG

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I delayed going in for 2 reasons. 1. Waiting to reach the mileage for an oil change 2. Give the mechanics time to learn how to do the job right.

OP
OP
Maverich

Maverich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Velocity Blue XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I delayed going in for 2 reasons. 1. Waiting to reach the mileage for an oil change 2. Give the mechanics time to learn how to do the job right.
Smart! What mileage are you doing the oil change at?

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I spoke with the service manager again today. I asked him why the tech wasn't following the procedure for the repair as set out by Ford. He clarified for me WHY the tech was loosening or removing the bumper cover which caused the damage. He said the tech's hands were too big to reach in and remove the vanes. I suggested that the next time this happens, the tech ask for someone with slimmer hands give him some help. The service manager assured me that was their plan going forward. He also told me the part had arrived, and that my truck and the part were at the body shop being color matched and that I should have the truck back in a couple of days. Hope this helps people avoid a similar situation!
The tech's hands were too big? Man, what a load of b.s. that is. I watched the tech remove mine through the window in the waiting room. This guy was built like a shit brickhouse and had some real mitts. It took him all of three minutes to remove the shutter veins.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They ripped your bumper off and think you’re stupid. Get a few free oil changes out of this
Sponsored