Sponsored

Question - Dealer says I have a build date and previewing.... (UPDATE SCHEDULED)

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer emailed out of the blue and said I have build date of 4/4/22 in the system and am previewing. No VIN... Is this just standard previewing of 2 or does it mean I have a good chance at an email Thursday? I have my doubts since it is a Hybrid Lariat Lux, CP 360, Moonroof, etc... Plus with all the other builds being pushed back. I wish they wouldn't have emailed me :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited:

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer says I have build date 0f 4/4/22 in the system and am previewing. No VIN... Is this just standard previewing of 2 or does it mean I have a good chance at an email Thursday? I have my doubts since it is a Hybrid Lariat Lux, CP 360, Moonroof, etc... Plus with all the other builds being pushed back. I wish they wouldn't have emailed me :ROFLMAO:
I think there's a decent possibility you'll get that email. And I think you might very well have a truck in production in late April or early May. Unless your dealership is just making s#*t up.

Brauntex

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Buster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer emailed out of the blue and said I have build date of 4/4/22 in the system and am previewing. No VIN... Is this just standard previewing of 2 or does it mean I have a good chance at an email Thursday? I have my doubts since it is a Hybrid Lariat Lux, CP 360, Moonroof, etc... Plus with all the other builds being pushed back. I wish they wouldn't have emailed me :ROFLMAO:
I initially received a Ford email advising my 2.0 Eco build was scheduled for week of 3/7/22. About a week later I received a Ford email advising the build date has moved forward to the week of 2/21/22.
Several days after that my dealer emailed advising the truck is scheduled for production on 2/25/22.
I hadn't noticed before (or up until now) any others on MTC getting dealer communication advising of a specific build date several weeks out into the future like this.
My speculation is, now that ordering has been closed for the model year, Ford knows exactly what ratio of hybrids and Eco's (and what trim packages and options) have to be produced between now and the end of the model year run, and is making every effort to set firm production schedules based on their anticipated receipt of the necessary components (especially the hybrid drive trains).
Hopefully this speculation is correct and more of these dealer emails are being sent out so those waiting for so long can reliably know what to expect. I'm sure everyone wants to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe this is it.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer can usually see the build date several days before the emails go out.

rtkegger

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado
I never did receive an initial email from Ford with my build date, order number or VIN, even though my dealer said I had a build date. However, I did get an email yesterday with the VIN and order number stating it has been delayed a week. Had I not received the email from Ford yesterday, I was planning on calling Ford on Monday to verify the status. My guess is that if you don't get an email from Ford with your VIN, order number and build date next week, you should get a hot cup of coffee or a cold one and call Ford to get verification. I really felt like I was in limbo and was starting to question my dealership, now that I have the info. it does seem much more real.

OP
OP
dennish

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was scheduled - thanks to all who replied!
  • ⏰ 2/11 @ 6:04 PM MST (2/10- 10:01 MST)
  • 📅 4/4 from 4/11
  • 🛻 Iconic Silver, Hybrid Lariat Lux, CP360, Moonroof + all weather mats
  • 📍Goodyear, AZ
  • 🗓 7/14/21
  • 🕺 Rodeo Ford, Goodyear, AZ
Sponsored