First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After setting up the build at the dealership, I received a confirmation e-mail that included a simulated picture of my Maverick.
I ordered an XLT with the luxury package. I’m hoping I am going to get the wheels as indicated in the pic they sent of my build. Is this pic an accurate rendering?
Ford Maverick Question about which wheels I should expect 76DA19C8-0540-4A42-959D-B3BA73FF53BF
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this pic an accurate rendering?
Yes, they are alleged to be round on every one seen in the wild.

;)

By wheel - are you referring to the rim or the tire itself?

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After setting up the build at the dealership, I received a confirmation e-mail that included a simulated picture of my Maverick.
I ordered an XLT with the luxury package. I’m hoping I am going to get the wheels as indicated in the pic they sent of my build. Is this pic an accurate rendering?
76DA19C8-0540-4A42-959D-B3BA73FF53BF.png
Yes, these are the standard wheels on the XLT trim.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O

;)

He's talking about the WHEEL.. in case you didn't know, the WHEEL consists of a rim and a disc. The rim is the outer edge where the bead of the tire seats and the disc is the center where the bolt pattern is.

Ford Maverick Question about which wheels I should expect 1631279696131

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He's talking about the WHEEL.. in case you didn't know, the WHEEL consists of a rim and a disc. The rim is the outer edge where the bead of the tire seats and the disc is the center where the bolt pattern is.

1631279696131.png
Yep. I just thought it was interesting that someone would question the "wheel" in this case - since there would be an incredible amount of pissed off people if that didn't match the pics. The tire however, Ford hasn't promised on any model (except FX4 perhaps?). We have seen trends of the different tires in pics of the trainers though.

Also, the wheel looks so much better from that XLT than my Lariat one...

Sponsored

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. I just thought it was interesting that someone would question the "wheel" in this case - since there would be an incredible amount of pissed off people if that didn't match the pics. The tire however, Ford hasn't promised on any model (except FX4 perhaps?). We have seen trends of the different tires in pics of the trainers though.

Also, the wheel looks so much better from that XLT than my Lariat one...
I actually orderd XLT because I disliked the wheels on the Lariat so much...

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually orderd XLT because I disliked the wheels on the Lariat so much...
I am thinking about just replacing them with an after-market black set. Will look a lot better with my Alto Blue.

OP
OP
Joe Rambo

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

;)

:ROFLMAO: The rims

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious what the XLT wheels will really look like in person. The website shows them as being a grayish/gunmetal color but some pictures I've seen of XLT's in real life they look more silver.

Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Here is something my dealer sent to me when I was questioning the specific wheels as listed. You can look at your order sheet for the specific wheel code shown to see exactly which one you will receive. Yours look like they will be the 64T.

Ford Maverick Question about which wheels I should expect Image (11)

It was annoying that to get the 235s I needed to use the highlighted, more expensive alloy wheels. Even if the online build and price let you pair the 235s with the Unique Aluminum, the order book would not. I opted to keep the Unique Aluminum (Black) and will buy some Wildpeaks as soon as I get it to replace those ugly Scorpions.

Discount Tire only averages about $50 per tire on trade-in and the guy I spoke to recommended selling them personally. I may end up going with 245s instead if they look like they will be a good fit.

Last edited:

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you ordered the XLT without the FX4 Off-road package, then Yes, those are the Wheels you will be getting. The FX4 package comes with the black painted wheels that have slightly different styling.

OP
OP
Joe Rambo

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is something my dealer sent to me when I was questioning the specific wheels as listed. You can look at your order sheet for the specific wheel code shown to see exactly which one you will receive. Yours look like they will be the 64T.

Image (11).jpg

It was annoying that to get the 235s I needed to use the highlighted, more expensive alloy wheels. Even if the online build and price let you pair the 235s with the Unique Aluminum, the order book would not. I opted to keep the Unique Aluminum (Black) and will buy some Wildpeaks as soon as I get it to replace those ugly Scorpions.

Discount Tire only averages about $50 per tire on trade-in and the guy I spoke to recommended selling them personally. I may end up going with 245s instead if they look like they will be a good fit.
Thanks! Those are the wheels I was hoping for. Good luck with yours

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had exactly the same experience with trying to chose the 235 tires instead of the 225 when I placed my order on the 17th of September. I want the unique black painted, am getting the Lariat FX4 with 4K towing in oxford white to have the black and white look going. Thanks for the info about trade-ins vs selling outright. I'm going to see how they really look with the truck which is scheduled to build the week of November 15th. If you come up with a great looking 235/65R17 A/T please post. Thanks much.
Sponsored