Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand McGard are two piece lug nuts while the Gorilla is one piece. If true I would choose the one piece
This isn't a two-piece where there's a tin shell molded over a steel nut. Rather the cone is able to rotate like a captured washer so it isn't rubbing against the lug seats of the wheel as it reaches final tightness.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure didn't take it that way..I read between the lines and came to the conclusion that he wanted to know what non OEM Maverick wheels ( Ford Bronco Badlands OEM wheels instead) would use what Lug nut on a 2022 Maverick? In other words lug Nuts M14-1.5 would someone recommend for mounting a Bronco Sport Wheel ( which on a Bronco is M12-1.5). As we know you can't use an M12-1.5 won't work and one of the recommendations was for Maverick sized lug nuts by Gorilla which are supposed to be a substitute for the OEM Maverick lug nuts. will they work just as well on a Bronco sport OEM wheel mounted on a Maverick? Isuppose the reason he asked is because the OEM lug nuts suck.
I don't see a single instance of the word 'wheel' in any of the OPs posts, not one, even after I questioned about whether his question was about wheels or tires..

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the pic of a stock Maverick lug nut beside the correct McGard 24215 that they recommend. The McGards are 1 piece, the inside appears to be a different color because the inside is plugged during the chroming process. .

Ford Maverick Question about Lug nuts with Bronco Sport tires ZUj78w

I was concerned that the lug nut seat, while the correct taper, was much smaller than OEM. They confirmed that it's correct but also offered that they also manufacture Ford's OEM lucking lug nut, which has the same wide seat as the regular lug nuts. Here is the drawing McGard provided and their response:

(From McGard) Kit# 24215 is the recommended aftermarket kit for this vehicle and will work as intended. However, if you would prefer a slightly bigger seating surface, the only other option will be the OE set that must be purchased directly through Ford with part number: GR3Z-1A043-A.

Line Art Drawing of OE Ford Wheel Lock:

Ford Maverick Question about Lug nuts with Bronco Sport tires pSE6GT

I still have the unused McGard set if anyone needs them, and ended up purchasing the Ford OEM set that McGard manufactures. While I do have Gorilla splined nuts on my new TRX I have no first hand knowledge about their Maverick offering.

good luck

OP
OP
valen2384

valen2384

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
I don't see a single instance of the world 'wheel' in any of the OPs posts, not one, even after I questioned about whether his question was about wheels or tires..

That was my mistake. I work long hours and was tired when I posted this thread without thinking how to state it correctly.
Going back now you are correct and I phrased it wrong. I meant “what type of after market lug nuts work with a Bronco sport big bend Wheels on the ford Maverick without them being to tall sticking out of the rim” But I phrase the whole question wrong but I still appreciate the responses and help I received.
I bought both gorrila and McGraw sets to see how the lug nuts sit on the wheel from what I understand and was explained in an earlier post.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Johnk, thx for posting, this is exactly what i was talking Bout. The conical seat overal area is huge compared to what they want to sell you. I was trying to caution people, discount tire tried selling me those small seat jobs.

Someone brought up steelies vs. Cast and its quite important to use the large seats on cast wheels. What is the seat area of the small vs. large seats by 3x?

They did this to me on my 150 while i wasnt paying attention, but i woke up and its not going to happen on the Mav.

I probably need to revisit my 150 as its able to tow 13000lbs. This is were its going to be important, maybe not so much on the Mav as i dont tow with it, fuel economy baby..

At discount they dont sell Gorilla anymore, the the Taiwanese junk they were trying to sell me was absolute junk, looked like cast, no forged here and the box didnt even have a manufacturer on it..disappointing...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know if the OEMs on the fx4 wheels are two peice? I really rather not deal with swelling lug nuts that ive dealt with before on fords.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if the OEMs on the fx4 wheels are two peice? I really rather not deal with swelling lug nuts that ive dealt with before on fords.
The OEM nuts are 2-piece and are on the left in my pic above..

GSTRIDR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was my mistake. I work long hours and was tired when I posted this thread without thinking how to state it correctly.
Going back now you are correct and I phrased it wrong. I meant “what type of after market lug nuts work with a Bronco sport big bend Wheels on the ford Maverick without them being to tall sticking out of the rim” But I phrase the whole question wrong but I still appreciate the responses and help I received.
I bought both gorrila and McGraw sets to see how the lug nuts sit on the wheel from what I understand and was explained in an earlier post.
I found this post while researching using Bronco Sport wheels for my Mav. Can you tell me which lugs you ended up using, and if you still like the Bronco Sport wheels on yours? Any lessons learned? Thanks!

trippytbta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
seriously lol, anyone find which lugs work with the bronco sport wheels yet?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use stock or stock replacement lug nuts designed for a Maverick on a Maverick. Bronco Sport trucks use smaller diameter studs than the Maverick, but the mounting holes and taper is the same on both wheels.

I run Bronco Sport First Edition wheels on my Maverick. They are identical to black FX4 wheels with the exception of the center caps (which look great on a Maverick). Best deal out there for those wanting a wheel upgrade at ~$940 a set including all new TPMS

Good luck

Sponsored

Last edited: