First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Difference being you can go to a dealer right now and have your pick of the f-150 or ranger.
I was saying more the 'value' of the Mav to Ford is to get new customers into the family so to speak. So while they make zero dollars on a mav, they would make money on when someone upgrades to a Ranger, and big money when they move to a F150.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was saying more the 'value' of the Mav to Ford is to get new customers into the family so to speak. So while they make zero dollars on a mav, they would make money on when someone upgrades to a Ranger, and big money when they move to a F150.
Why does everyone say Ford makes no money on the Maverick? I've seen no evidence of this. I'm sure it's not as much as an F150, but they don't cost as much to make either.

Ford wouldn't create whole new line of trucks that loses money or breaks even while cutting other lines down or off completely. This line of thinking is illogical.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Why does everyone say Ford makes no money on the Maverick? I've seen no evidence of this. I'm sure it's not as much as an F150, but they don't cost as much to make either.

Ford wouldn't create whole new line of trucks that loses money or breaks even while cutting other lines down or off completely. This line of thinking is illogical.
Yea maybe the don’t make much on the hybrids but the EcoBoost? Pretty sure they make plenty. They make money on the escape and bronco sport and those probably cost more to build than the maverick EcoBoost.

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea maybe the don’t make much on the hybrids but the EcoBoost? Pretty sure they make plenty. They make money on the escape and bronco sport and those probably cost more to build than the maverick EcoBoost.
No idea but I think Profit on the Mav < Ranger < F150 is a safe assumption.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost of the Mav < Ranger < F150. It's about % not purely $

Sponsored

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A quick google:

That's means Ford's most profitable trucks and SUVs are earning more than $14,000 in operating profit per vehicle. That's incredible. In the first two quarters of 2022, Ford has sold roughly 2 million vehicles and reported an adjusted operating profit of about $6 billion

Source: Barrons

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, try "ordering" an in-demand Toyota like a Rav4 Prime and see how specific of a delivery date you get.
Actually they have primes on the lot now. We were offered one at msrp. If you are looking for something specific options wise, that could take a long time.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Maybe. Not sure if the Ranger shares a line with other cars. But the Maverick, Escape and Focus share a ton of parts and together the sell a lot so the cost is spread out pretty well between them. Who knows it might be Ranger < Mav < F series for right now. I think the new ranger and bronco are shared.
Sponsored