Sponsored

Priority Code 17

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Has anyone heard of Priority Code 17?

I removed the luxury package from my August order on Tuesday. This changed my PC from 10 to 17. I am not familiar with this code, and was told:

“Order banks prioritizing has changed. Giving everyone equal opportunity to get scheduled”
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers can pick any number from 10-19. Dealers get allocations based on about 53,000 factors (rumored number). Priority codes are used to determine who is in line first for those allocations. If everyone is a 17 at your dealer the code is irrelevant. If two identical builds have the same dealer, and priority code, the order date determines who receives the allocation.

That is the way it should work. What really happens is a total shit show.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I removed the luxury package from my August order on Tuesday. This changed my PC from 10 to 17. I am not familiar with this code, and was told:

“Order banks prioritizing has changed. Giving everyone equal opportunity to get scheduled”
Your priority code can be anywhere from 10 to 19. Ford has stated that if anyone changes their order, than your order date and priority code will change from your original. That change effectively puts you at the bottom of the list from where you were before and moves everyone else that was behind you up one notch towards getting scheduled.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealers can pick any number from 10-19. Dealers get allocations based on about 53,000 factors (rumored number). Priority codes are used to determine who is in line first for those allocations. If everyone is a 17 at your dealer the code is irrelevant. If two identical builds have the same dealer, and priority code, the order date determines who receives the allocation.

That is the way it should work. What really happens is a total shit show.
lol... yeah, my dealer told me he really doesn't think the code means anything in reality.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lol... yeah, my dealer told me he really doesn't think the code means anything in reality.
Mine said the same. I was always 19 and my hybrid is one of the first in the region.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just ignore it. Many on the forum were calling their dealer to have them lower the code in the system to a 10 (whatever the lowest number the dealer can set it as apparently).

I never did that. My order defaulted at 19 when placed and my hybrid was scheduled in a timely manner without attempting to manipulate the priority code.

Whether you are chosen will be similar to the little alien space dudes from Toy Story. 😄

OP
OP
James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
No worries because it will eventually get built. Good times are ahead.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You should ask your salesman to get you back to a 10 as the higher the # the lower your priority is in line. Meaning you'll have a longer wait for your truck!!!
Sponsored