Sponsored

Priority Code + Allocation = Production Scheduling?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am trying to figure out if my dealer should be doing anything else to help me get my order scheduled for production. I know dealers get a certain allocation periodically, and that they can set priority codes for the orders at their dealership.

I have heard that Ford pulls orders from dealers who have allocations by priority code (assuming the order is something that Ford can produce, i.e., no constraints).

I want to know if there is any additional step the dealer has to take that says to Ford "Hey, take this order this time!" If so, I need to prod my dealer to do that because as far as I know he is not.

(Please don't respond that certain items are constrained, etc. I know that.)
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealers have no influence. I know because mine screwed up my first order and had to place a second one. They tried to see about prioritizing the second.

No luck.

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Well if your dealer has two allocations and you're priority 12 and he has a 10 & 11 you only get pulled if one of the others is held for somthing.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am trying to figure out if my dealer should be doing anything else to help me get my order scheduled for production. I know dealers get a certain allocation periodically, and that they can set priority codes for the orders at their dealership.

I have heard that Ford pulls orders from dealers who have allocations by priority code (assuming the order is something that Ford can produce, i.e., no constraints).

I want to know if there is any additional step the dealer has to take that says to Ford "Hey, take this order this time!" If so, I need to prod my dealer to do that because as far as I know he is not.

(Please don't respond that certain items are constrained, etc. I know that.)
I just emailed mine to ask if I can get an update. Hopefully showing that there's intent to buy, and thus moving the process up a bit. Doubtful anything will happen, but it's better than nothing I guess.

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealers have no influence.
Are you saying the dealer's priority code has no influence?

Or that dealers have no influence other than the priority code?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if your dealer has two allocations and you're priority 12 and he has a 10 & 11 you only get pulled if one of the others is held for somthing.
Right. I get that. That's what I meant by " Ford pulls orders from dealers who have allocations by priority code."

What I am asking is if the dealer has to do anything else, beyond setting the priority code, in order to get an order considered for pulling for production scheduling?

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Right. I get that. That's what I meant by " Ford pulls orders from dealers who have allocations by priority code."

What I am asking is if the dealer has to do anything else, beyond setting the priority code, in order to get an order considered for pulling for production scheduling?
As long as you have a confirmation their only leverage is the priority code.
and their allocations.

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think all of the influence about PRIORITY CODES is just "talk" mine has a VIN and sch build for 10/4/21. Never received any email from Ford. Received my VIN from Ford consumer, confirmed with my dealer who gave me the build date (from a special list) only viewed between dealer/Ford. My priority code 10.
Ok but why do you think priority codes are "just talk"?

What is it about your example that makes you think that? Priority code 10 is the highest priority a dealer can assign. You had that code and you got pulled for scheduling. Sounds like it worked, but maybe I don't understand your example.

(BTW, no one is saying that priority codes control anything between one dealer and another. They just rank the orders in that particular dealership in terms of which one the dealer wants pulled first.)

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you saying the dealer's priority code has no influence?

Or that dealers have no influence other than the priority code?
No influence other than the priority code which is only effective within their dealership.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the dealer had 2 other orders identical to yours but only had a single allocation the only way for you to get pulled if they were ordered before you would be if you were say a priority 10 and they were 11 or higher

Sponsored
OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No influence other than the priority code which is only effective within their dealership.
Right. We agree on that.

Some folks also originally thought that order number (or order code) had something to do with overall priority, but it too is just a code that is only significant within the dealership. (In some dealerships, that is. In mine a lower code means an earlier order, but in others it is based on someone's initials.)

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far, no one seems to think that the dealer or salesman has to do anything to "put forward" a particular order -- other than giving it a low priority code. That's reassuring to me because my salesman seems to be just waiting for Ford to pull the order.

I've been at Priority Code 02 since mid-August with no action, but... Hybrid. My dealer says he has allocation and my priority code is the lowest in their dealership.

If hybrids start scheduling and I don't get pulled I'll have to chalk it up to the spray-in liner, which my dealer tells me I can't drop because of the 02 priority code.

It's a blessing, and a curse...

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far, no one seems to think that the dealer or salesman has to do anything to "put forward" a particular order -- other than giving it a low priority code. That's reassuring to me because my salesman seems to be just waiting for Ford to pull the order.

I've been at Priority Code 02 since mid-August with no action, but... Hybrid. My dealer says he has allocation and my priority code is the lowest in their dealership.

If hybrids start scheduling and I don't get pulled I'll have to chalk it up to the spray-in liner, which my dealer tells me I can't drop because of the 02 priority code.

It's a blessing, and a curse...
When I tried to drop some options I got the same answer, I’m at priority 2 and can’t change. Mine is also a hybrid and my order is with a small town dealer so I’m pretty sure they don’t have many allocations. I was the 13th customer to order a Maverick from this dealer (June 21).

Leggowe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
When I tried to drop some options I got the same answer, I’m at priority 2 and can’t change. Mine is also a hybrid and my order is with a small town dealer so I’m pretty sure they don’t have many allocations. I was the 13th customer to order a Maverick from this dealer (June 21).
How does the allocation work? For example, if a dealership gets 2 allocations and has 30 orders, how does this work for the other 28 orders?

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does the allocation work? For example, if a dealership gets 2 allocations and has 30 orders, how does this work for the other 28 orders?
They wait until they get more allocations the following month.
Sponsored