Price paid for Maverick XL

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Ford is charging too much for transportation. I have a Mercedes CLS on order and it was just built and transported to the dock waiting to be assigned a ship. This car was built in Stuttgart and will be delivered to me in Texas and the transportation fee is $1,050, which seems reasonable considering the outlandish price of this thing and what it has to go through to get to me. I'm ordering a Lariat in the next couple weeks or so at a third of the price yet I have to pay a third more in transportation right here in my own country. Doesn't seem to make sense.
We have to remember that this vehicle is put together in Mexico. So while it is likely making the whole trip on a truck or train, it still is crossing an international border and has all that paperwork to deal with. Don't get me wrong, the destination fees still seem pretty steep. But the Maverick is not coming from Michigan, It's coming from Mexico. I also wonder if the Germans build some of the transport cost into the price of the vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
We have to remember that this vehicle is put together in Mexico. So while it is likely making the whole trip on a truck or train, it still is crossing an international border and has all that paperwork to deal with. Don't get me wrong, the destination fees still seem pretty steep. But the Maverick is not coming from Michigan, It's coming from Mexico. I also wonder if the Germans build some of the transport cost into the price of the vehicle.
Makes sense. I didn't even think of that.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, it makes sense and I did not think of that either. I forgot the Maverick was built in Mexico and has to go through the same customs crap the Mercedes has to go through. And there is no doubt Mercedes jacks up prices in other areas whenever they can. I have bought Mercedes for quite some time, both SUVs and cars, and have always been satisfied but man, they are getting out of sight now.

rob804

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
MSRP $31,980 for an XLT Cactus Grey with FX4, AWD 2.0, Luxury Package, Manual Slide Rear Window, Ford Co-Pilot 360 plus + $2400 (Dealer Fee, Highway Use Fee, State Tax and Tag/License Fee) for a Total of $34,380. I tried my best to get the price down but it was pretty much impossible in 3 VA dealerships. I'm happy with the pre-order anyways. $500 refundable deposit.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Seems I saw somewhere that the 2.5 Hybrid was Mexico and the 2.0 eco was Ohio. Can't seem to find where I saw that though.

Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
All Mavericks will be assembled in Mexico in the same assembly plant that Bronco Sport is produced.

The lack of thorough journalism these days. Forbes needs to go one step further and clarify that is assembly location for only the engines/ powertrains, not final assembly point for the entire vehicle.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
Was looking at a new Ranger this AM, built in Dearborn, Michigan, destination was $1495......I'm 90 miles from there and don't mean across the border in Canada, yikes!

Deleted member 528

But at the end of the day, if the dealer exceed x number of sale, then I'm sure Ford is sending them a check (which you don't know about).

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems I saw somewhere that the 2.5 Hybrid was Mexico and the 2.0 eco was Ohio. Can't seem to find where I saw that though.
That might be the engine plants. Final assembly is Mexico.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I’ve never seen it as negotiable. It’s a charge from the factory. I did see that there is a class-action lawsuit against GM for them, so maybe that’ll change something in the future. I, too, loathe fees or charges that aren’t transparent, so I get it. I got a quote for moving my car across the country for like $500-$600, so I don’t know where the almost $1,500 comes from.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40922...er-alleged-profit-seeking-destination-charges
It comes all the way from Mexico

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It comes all the way from Mexico
Yes, understandable, but still high seeing as how it is an average of their cost, and not necessarily for this particular model. I mean, it’s nearly 7.5% of the cost of the base Maverick. That isn’t insignificant. Either way I’m excited about it and can’t wait to get mine.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
good observation SL. I'm up here in troy. It's a good deal for me. Good deal for you 2. I need AWD.

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished my order with Chapman Ford in Horsham (highly recommend btw) and got the XLT hybrid FWD with the Luxury package + Copilot 360 + moon roof and rear window for $26,132 before tags,taxes,fees and $28,240 calculated as the out the door price.
Sponsored