Sponsored

Previous thread locked regarding Maverick at MSRP.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm looking for someone local that can realistically come to central PA and purchase the vehicle directly from the dealer.
Why would the dealer sell to someone other than yourself when they can mark it up and sell it on their lot themselves ?? My dealer wouldn't - they are marking them up 8K. Feels like you are wanting your cake and eat it too a bit. Buy it and then sell for a profit or refuse it and the dealer will make out. You might want to check with them on " hey I got a buddy that is gonna take my order " scenario - Id bet your going to find out that they will only sell to the name on the order.
Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have an order that you are giving up or do you just know of a dealer that sells at MSRP? If its yours, I can understand asking a fee. If its just a dealer selling them, then no you shouldn't. I know several dealers who sell them at MSRP (when available) and will gladly give that info out.

Edit: Nevermind, you answered the first question already. I would say just buy it and sell it yourself to CarMax or one of the other ones. Let them pay the sales tax.
Are we referring to orders Msrp or a abandon or that dealer now has
And sell ,sticks with msrp
If so tell me where I’m in St. Louis

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are we referring to orders Msrp or a abandon or that dealer now has
And sell ,sticks with msrp
If so tell me where I’m in St. Louis
They are in Florida. AutoNation Ford doesn't mark up their Mavericks, but they also won't hold them. It' first come-first serve. I had a chance to get one in July, but I was expecting a build date soon so I passed. Ended up getting a build date in August...to then be canceled last month and now back to square one.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whether you like it or not, the initial post tied someone paying you to find out where the Maverick is being delivered. Then you walked it back by offering negotiation. That translates to "I need to get paid something for this information, but it may not be $3K". If you actually were willing to give the information to someone for nothing, I don't think you'd have started by asking for thousands of dollars as a "thank you".

In any universe, it's a fairly mercenary post and that's what's driving the responses.

There is a problem with this, though. First, it's not your Maverick until you buy it. Your order gives you first dibs to do that, but no right to decide who gets it if you pass on it. So, the lucky person who paid you to find out where it is might not even be able to buy it if the dealer has a waiting list of existing or preferred customers they want to help out.

Even if you agreed to make the thank-you dollars contingent on them getting the Maverick, you're still trying to profit from information that other folks here on the forum are happily giving away for free to help out fellow forum members.

It's a free country, so have at. But it's naive to expect the other members here to not voice contrary opinions.

OP
OP

BenGalFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Jetta GLI
I honestly don't think a dealer would be "on board" with selling your truck to another person "not you" when all the paperwork is in your name. I think they get dinged by Ford for not selling the vehicle to the person that was COVP'd or ROVP'd by losing future allotments. They also lose the chance to ADM the heck out of someone.

I am not bashing the OP, just stating my opinion on this matter.
This is why I stopped by the dealer yesterday and talked with the sales manager. To see what my options might be. I told them I recently purchased another vehicle because I had received no information from Ford telling me if it would be next week or next November. My current vehicle was on its last leg and I needed something. Asked if I provided a friend when it arrived if they would sell it to them. He said yes. Stated they would not have "price protection" but they would sell it to them for the price listed on the window sticker. (I think if I buy it, it get like $200 off for something that changed price after I ordered) Also stated they would not receive the APR rates that I would but have to take current rates or supply their own financing.
As far as them missing out on ADM. They don't do that. They are a small local business with a great reputation.
I can't speak to the COVP or ROVP "dinging" you mention. Thats between them and Ford.

Sponsored

jhammer221

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you end up not wanting the truck and can help a forum member out and hook them up for MSRP then it'd be super cool to do. Without expecting anything but a thank you that is. It's not your vehicle to sell unless you take delivery and pay for it. You'd make someone's day I'm sure.

If you want to make some money, then buy it and resell. It's really that simple.

The dealer doesn't need your help finding a buyer at MSRP in this market.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I buy it, then I have to pay the sales tax to the state and then carmax/carvana has to buy it from me, etc. Lot of paperwork, credit inquiries and time involved.
My thought was to simplify things by finding a buyer for my maverick coming in and then whoever wants to buy it, work directly with the dealer and then just paypal/venmo me some money for the opportunity. However, with all the hostility I'm getting from this, I think I'll just turn it down if I don't want it, get my $500 deposit and let the dealer sell it to whomever they have on their waiting list. I really didn't expect this was going to be this difficult. I figured someone would be pretty local and want one NOW and be willing to negotiate a little "thank you" cash my way. Especially since, like I mentioned before, I know there are people out there paying 5K+ markups on these to the dealers and to Carmax/Carvana. If not, you'd see used ones listed out there for typical used car depreciation prices. And thats not the case.
Dealer is under no obligation to work with your preferred buyer referral or hold it for them, etc. You got no skin in the game here until you buy it. You got 2 choices: buy it or don't. You don't deserve any finder's fee either way- give it up already.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
where's the Walk Of Shame Emoji on here? Never had a use for it before, but I think I see one coming here :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am old school when you could go in and counter offer the price. I have never paid MSRP, but with the way dealers are gouging the market and many willing to pay way over MSRP, they can, I am not. I’m gave walked away from several Mavericks where dealers were adding $10k over msrp… there are too many “shady” dealers and people need to not put up with it. If everyone would just say MSRP or I walk, and do it, this gouging would stop. So, again, I for one will not pay a penny over MSRP.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I stopped by the dealer yesterday and talked with the sales manager. To see what my options might be. I told them I recently purchased another vehicle because I had received no information from Ford telling me if it would be next week or next November. My current vehicle was on its last leg and I needed something. Asked if I provided a friend when it arrived if they would sell it to them. He said yes. Stated they would not have "price protection" but they would sell it to them for the price listed on the window sticker. (I think if I buy it, it get like $200 off for something that changed price after I ordered) Also stated they would not receive the APR rates that I would but have to take current rates or supply their own financing.
As far as them missing out on ADM. They don't do that. They are a small local business with a great reputation.
I can't speak to the COVP or ROVP "dinging" you mention. Thats between them and Ford.
That's what they say today- that's not at all legally binding and could very well change.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's what they say today- that's not at all legally binding and could very well change.
Why would they? Sounds like hassle, getting dragged into something, and of no benefit to them.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If your dealer does what he says, that is a good deal for someone needing or wanting a Maverick. I hope you can help someone get a Maverick.