First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven’t ever done PPF on any other vehicles. Does $995 for partial front end sound reasonable? It’s partial hood, partial front fenders and front bumper.
Sponsored

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven’t ever done PPF on any other vehicles. Does $995 for partial front end sound reasonable? It’s partial hood, partial front fenders and front bumper.
This is what I was quoted from a reputable shop in my area:
$595 Bumper if the bottom portion is chrome or plastic
$695 if the bottom half of the bumper is painted.
$895 Partial including Bumper, 1/3 of the front fenders, and 1/3 way up the hood.
$1895 Full Front End including bumper, full side fenders, full hood and side mirrors.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on which film is used. Suntek Reaction film has a built in ceramic coating and is about 20% more expensive than the rest of them.

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on which film is used. Suntek Reaction film has a built in ceramic coating and is about 20% more expensive than the rest of them.
I don't know anything about the film types, but my local installer said:
The film we use is Premium Shield NexGen Elite if you want to look into that. There is a lifetime warranty for any yellowing, blistering, and delaminating.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be wary of any product that offers a "lifetime" warranty. I've owned a PPF business for over twenty years and usually five to six years is all you should expect before its time to replace the film on a daily driver. Not that it will start to look bad after that time frame, but it becomes increasingly more difficult to remove the older it gets. Once it starts to look bad, its two years too late in most cases.

This guy brought his in to get the film removed. He said it just started looking bad a few months prior. I asked him if he had been in a coma for the last five years, this didn't happen over the last few months.

To remove film, the edges get heated and then you can pick up the corner with your fingernail until you get enough for your fingers to grab, then you stretch it away from the vehicle. This film just sheard away and there was no way to get under it. Had to scrape it off with a plastic razor blade.

Ford Maverick PPF Prices? Resized_20160621_112428 (1)

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I asked a shop in Orlando for a quote for a full body job. They said they were running a deal right now for only $7000! Yeah, no thanks

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked a shop in Orlando for a quote for a full body job. They said they were running a deal right now for only $7000! Yeah, no thanks
What a steal…oops I meant deal😂😂😂

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be wary of any product that offers a "lifetime" warranty. I've owned a PPF business for over twenty years and usually five to six years is all you should expect before its time to replace the film on a daily driver. Not that it will start to look bad after that time frame, but it becomes increasingly more difficult to remove the older it gets. Once it starts to look bad, its two years too late in most cases.

This guy brought his in to get the film removed. He said it just started looking bad a few months prior. I asked him if he had been in a coma for the last five years, this didn't happen over the last few months.

To remove film, the edges get heated and then you can pick up the corner with your fingernail until you get enough for your fingers to grab, then you stretch it away from the vehicle. This film just sheard away and there was no way to get under it. Had to scrape it off with a plastic razor blade.

Resized_20160621_112428 (1).jpg
Was the paint damaged from the removal process?

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what I was quoted from a reputable shop in my area:
$595 Bumper if the bottom portion is chrome or plastic
$695 if the bottom half of the bumper is painted.
$895 Partial including Bumper, 1/3 of the front fenders, and 1/3 way up the hood.
$1895 Full Front End including bumper, full side fenders, full hood and side mirrors.
Thanks! That’s pretty close to what I was quoted.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not as bad as it should have been. Lots of tiny scratches in the clear coat that could have been buffed out but the rest of the car was in sad shape so customer was very happy with how it turned out.

Ford Maverick PPF Prices? Resized_20160621_112415(1)

Ford Maverick PPF Prices? Resized_20160622_181306

Sponsored

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be wary of any product that offers a "lifetime" warranty. I've owned a PPF business for over twenty years and usually five to six years is all you should expect before its time to replace the film on a daily driver.
Any film brand recommendations? I am guessing 3M is still a solid choice. What should someone expect to pay for a full front end wrap and down the sides along the rockers?

It has been ages since I looked myself but the OPs pricing seems a little high for what it is. $1,000 used to get your whole front end protected.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's bad Karma to quote cost on an open forum as everyone has a different situation. I have a shop in a high-end part of town to factor into pricing, someone working out of the trunk of their mom's car is always going to be less expensive lol.

3M is the Big Mac in the industry, but it's not the best hamburger IMO. I've been using Suntek for at least ten years and been extremely happy with the product...including removals.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What a steal…oops I meant deal😂😂😂
Yeah, I didn't know what it costs because I was thinking about doing it to mine. I was figuring maybe $2000 or so, but guess not

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I didn't know what it costs because I was thinking about doing it to mine. I was figuring maybe $2000 or so, but guess not
$2000 for full body is starting to sound typical.

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid, $1950 for xpel ultimate - Partial hood and fenders, mirrors, front bumper, headlights, and tailgate.
Sponsored