First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible for a dealership to place more orders than they have allocations? I’m not fully understanding the concept of allocations per dealership. Thanks!
Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, the more orders a dealer has, the more allocations they will have in the future.

Also if the past if they purchased a slow moving line (ie Transit Connect) Ford would give more allocations for hotter sellers.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible for a dealership to place more orders than they have allocations? I’m not fully understanding the concept of allocations per dealership. Thanks!
To quote @fordvideoguy this is the first year of Maverick production so no limits for orders were in place. Another fact is that retail (to include fleet) orders did (and will not) restrict the allocation system. Ford anticipated 80,000 orders and unofficial reports are that the total is over 120,000. If that means 40,000 orders will be pushed to MY23, we won't know until Ford makes the call (in my opinion) around July so they can publish the MY23 order guide and give pushed orders a chance to edit their orders.

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick has an allocation formula based on historical sales of certain vehicles - biggest two are Escape and Ranger. This formula helps with initial allocation and the as the dealers build sales history it will transition not Fords standard allocation formula over time.
Additional allocation for retail units occur when the dealership verified retail orders. These are in addition to normal allocation. Due to the huge demand for Maverick, almost all product is going to the verified orders. Dealers are getting allocation by vehicle buildable, oldest retail units.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's nothing to explain they Suck
Sponsored