Sponsored

Please Don't Pay For This... installation option for the bed extender.

SpencerK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal TourX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would also note that the $50 covers the person you speak with to make an appointment, the service advisor who has to input the work order, the installers time, of course, and profit. Add all of the time costs together and I'd guess the dealer is barely covering their costs in this case. The easy answer, of course, is what the OP said, install it yourself unless you're unable. But $50 is a bargain.
Sponsored

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I posted the video on how the bed extender comes in and out of the bed.

The installation process was very simple. It does require you to remove each tail light.
You remove 2 bolts and it comes right out. There is a single metal bracket that 3 screws go into to hold the extender slots in place. From there the bed extender easily slides in and out at a 45 degree angle. Between installing the brackets/slots and putting the extender together was a total of maybe 45 minutes.
I tried to put together a video on how this process works. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reminds me of the Amazon "professional installation" option, it'll be like a USB stick to plug into the computer, $10, and $250 for guy to come to your house and plug it in for you. I think we call that the "stupid tax".
Sponsored