MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has two new battery plants coming on line in 2025. And different battery chemistries that do not require so much of limited supply materials. Jim Farley stated in an interview that electric vehicles are ramping up much faster than they expected and that is throwing a wrench in their plans. Infrastructure was planned but construction is slower than demand.
You're referring to stuff in the future. I did clearly state "for now".

I don't know how much re-engineering it would actually take. My guess is they already have PHEV and EV Mavericks designed but were not planning on introducing them until after the battery supply increases. They definitely were not expecting the volume of orders they received for the Maverick, Mach-E or Lightening.
That's not even an educated guess unless you have some sources regarding actual design study work and more. Without that, it's wishful thinking. Thinking that I share, for the record.

As far as I know, all we have is a vague comment that there are other smaller EV trucks on the horizon and some trademark applications, but with no significant details.
Sponsored

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Wasn't really expecting it once I got my Maverick, but anytime I come across another owner there is always a wave and a smile. One time I ran into another owner at the gas station and we had a nice brief conversation. It's kind of like joining a small club of really nice people.
I'm starting to see more Mavericks in my town. Not sure if they are just passing thru or live here. I'm still waiting on mine. Supposed to go into production this week, fingers crossed. So when I see one I am envious and the anticipation getting mine keeps building. One thing I do know waiting for almost 10 months to get mine is that it wasn't a spur of the moment decision to order one that I regret doing. Hoping my maverick will last for many years to come.

Mike S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure that Ford would love to do that, but for now, they can't. They're already having serious supply chain issues for the hybrid components, and the hybrid battery is only maybe 1.5 kWh. Trying to source a battery that's nearly 5x bigger, plus reengineering the truck to physically fit it in would be a non-trivial amount of effort.
I suspect that 100% of the problem is lack of battery availability. I would assume that the Maverick was designed from day 1 to have a plug in option.

DEMojica

First Name
Domingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda CRV
Where I live it's rare to see another Maverick. In fact most people around here don't even know the Maverick exists. As a Ford share holder I'm disappointed that Ford hasn't came out with plans to double production for this vehicle. With the new tax credit Ford could stick a small 7 KWH battery and a charge port in the existing hybrid and score a $7,500 tax credit. Even with the higher cost battery the base maverick plug in could be bought for less than $20,000.
Totally agree. I live in the Fox River Valley 40 miles west of Chicago. Have not seen one Maverick on the street Around here.

Also, as a shares owner, Ford needs to get another plant up and running ASAP! Get more ads going in all medias modes.

Waiting for the ā€˜23 order period to start.

AK ADQ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty 2010 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are now 4 mavies in my small town. 3 Shadow Black (all by the same owner and all bought off dealer lot with the added markup of 2499 each) ;1 Ford Blue; and mine which is Cactus Grey. Mine was the second Mavie in town. In my town people notice anything new. I cant count the times my wife and I have been asked about our mavie.

Sponsored

Gatekeep

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, vintage Vespa x2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve only seen 1 Maverick here in western Massachusetts. Iā€™ve also been on vacations this month from Maine, Ct. all the way to Cape Cod. Heavy traffic everywhere and havenā€™t seen another. I ordered mine in January, xlt, 360.

Pats-Celts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I got mine in March and rarely saw any others. Lately Iā€™ve been seeing the same 3 almost daily during my commute in rural Maine.
People ask about it often when Iā€™m getting gas but itā€™s more popular at the boat launch. Iā€™ve had guys tell me theyā€™re jealous, and several Ranger and F150 owners ask questions about it. Everyone wants to know what Iā€™m getting for mileage.

GypsyBlue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't really expecting it once I got my Maverick, but anytime I come across another owner there is always a wave and a smile. One time I ran into another owner at the gas station and we had a nice brief conversation. It's kind of like joining a small club of really nice people.
I have friends across the country who send pictures of Mavericks to me when they see them because they know how much I love mine. It's great! Almost like finding lucky pennies, only better.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new Tiger is being big delivered to campus as we speak. All 110 pounds of him. Clemson Athletics will never be the same. Hope Dabo doesnā€™t try to steal him for kickoff returns.
Congrats on the new Tiger!! I hope he enjoys Clemson as much as I did.

At 110 I donā€™t think heā€™d survive a kickoff return. But as they say, ā€œSpeed kills,ā€ so Dabo might be willing to give him a try. Good luck to him in track though.

Blue1005

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'll get waves and smiles from Santa Cruz owners too, because they understand what you bought. An SC came driving down my quiet street a few weeks ago and we exchanged huge smiles and waves.
Is that the smug that randy marsh talks about on south park?????

Sponsored

tobiah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Yeah! That's an extra experience I think

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavericks, Broncos and Corvettes are the peacocks if the modern era.

Maverick is the only vehicle I have owned that after 3 months of ownership I have zero regrets.

And of course the regular Mav owners I drive by in Carlsbad tend to know when we will be on the road flashing honking and waving at each other.

like the first gen vw bug owners.

It does remind me of the time we owned a '66 Vette. Had it for 11 years and it was always good for a conversation, a wave, or back then a welcome flirty smile. šŸ« 

Silver Weasel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Lariat, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've only seen two in my area. One was an Alto blue sitting in a parking lot and the other was a white work truck driving away from me. I never got to see either driver, but I would totally wave. I have had people get up behind me and take pictures. I dunno if its for the plate or the Maverick but it still tickles me when it happens.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've only seen two in my area. One was an Alto blue sitting in a parking lot and the other was a white work truck driving away from me. I never got to see either driver, but I would totally wave. I have had people get up behind me and take pictures. I dunno if its for the plate or the Maverick but it still tickles me when it happens.
Ironically, the new Maverick evokes pleasant reaction in a lot of people. Although, I've not seen other Mavericks in our rural area, most of the time when I go out with my XL, I receive a positive reaction from someone. There may be a deep phycological reason for this, but I do know that when people find commonality, bonds are made. I personally think this is what the new Maverick does for us. Americans find so many things that divide and polarize us today, it's nice to have something that bonds us with someone else for a change. Who knows how long it will last, but we might as well enjoy it while we can. šŸ„°
Sponsored