First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll take anything like that off once I get home. I figure that for the deal I’m getting, I’ll leave it on for the drive home. Nbd.
I’m recovering from Covid so my parents went and picked mine up for me. They drive it back to Toledo and I just had to get updates from them on how nice it was
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! EB or Hybrid? Do they offer a shuttle from the airport?

Are you in a state that requires a front license plate? Does it come pre-installed, since PA requires one? I don’t want them to do anything more then inspections, no dealer prep. that adds on any cost. Not sure if I need to request that.

Did you sign all the paperwork and all you have to do is pick it up? Curious what to expect, since I will be doing the same thing.
Good luck with that. Most dealers have a mandatory "dealer prep fee" that is non-negotiable. You might be able to request no removing plastic covers and drilling front bumper, but they typically have a PDI process they complete (visual inspection, wash exterior, vacuum inside, fill gas tank, install antenna, etc.) before bringing it around front all shiny and new for you :)

My local dealer charges a $299.00 non-negotiable fee for "Delivery & handling", and minimal License and Registration fees. No other fees of any kind.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fuel Surcharge? WTF is that for? Did you have Courtesy Delivery somewhere different from Dealer you purchased from? Ford charges mandatory $1495 Destination Charges already and I would expect that to cover ALL charges to get your Maverick to your originating dealer?
No courtesy delivery, I drove to Horsham. The fuel surcharge is charged by the delivery company, it’s the new norm in the transportation industry when fuel prices increase. I work in distribution and the charge comes from the carriers, not Ford, not the dealer. For those that aren’t familiar with supply chain there are “extras” in getting stuff shipped especially when demand is high. I was not surprised to see the minimal charge because I know what’s involved in getting anything shipped.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the airport now. What do you want to know about the truck or the buying process from Chapman? Need any pics of the truck?
My Area 51 XLT just arrived yesterday snap a pic if you see it! LOL

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No courtesy delivery, I drove to Horsham. The fuel surcharge is charged by the delivery company, it’s the new norm in the transportation industry when fuel prices increase. I work in distribution and the charge comes from the carriers, not Ford, not the dealer. For those that aren’t familiar with supply chain there are “extras” in getting stuff shipped especially when demand is high. I was not surprised to see the minimal charge because I know what’s involved in getting anything shipped.
I thought the fuel charge was for adding fuel to the truck???

Sponsored

BeachBum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 AWD Maverick XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would say that sounds about right. Good luck and enjoy your Maverick. Fair warning, I had trouble keeping mine under 80, it just wanted to go and it can go 😊
Yep, so much this!
Cruising along, look down, "oh, wow, oops"

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Area 51 XLT just arrived yesterday snap a pic if you see it! LOL
Sorry, I didn’t walk around at all. I got there early, so they got me into finance early! Take my money so I can head home!

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How was the experience? Everything go as planned? No surprises or anything to report for use future buyers, awaiting vehicles.

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How was the experience? Everything go as planned? No surprises or anything to report for use future buyers, awaiting vehicles.
Thanks for asking! Finally got some sleep after a long day…

THE BUYING & DELIVERY PROCESS

tl:dr - verything went perfect.You don’t have anything to worry about if you ordered from Chapman Horsham.

Everything related to the flight from Akron Ohio to Philly was handled by me. Once I landed (at 8:30 on a Saturday no less), I called my guy at Chapman (John) and he arranged for Lyft to pick me up. The lyft driver was there in 10-15 min.

When I got to Chapman, my truck was waiting by the front doors ready for me. I looked it over for a few minutes before going inside and everything looked good. Inside I was teamed up with Sean while I waited for F&I. Nice guy. Super laid back.

The F&I guy (Alex) comes and greets me and we go to his office where I sign a bunch of papers for Pa and Ohio. Then he went over the available supplemental things like extended warranty, key replacement, rim protection, fabric protections. Thewere all presented at the same time and I could simply decline them all at once if I wanted. Zero pressure or coercion from him to buy any or all of it. Fwiw- they let me put $2500 on my discover card to get the points.

Done with F&I, we go back to Sean in sales, then to the truck to activate the Ford Pass app, going over a few electronic features, and connecting my phone to the Bluetooth. I spent 15 min adjusting the radio and mirrors and stuff, then left for the 400 mile drive home.

If I’m gonna nitpick anything about the experience, I didn’t love the way they requested documents before the sale. You get a generic email from “compliance@dsgss” requesting things like proof of insurance and your license front and back, and gives you a spot to upload an image. I feel the system is buggy as they didn’t get 2 of the images I sent. No big deal, as this was easily fixed when I arrived, but I’m nit picking, right?

They also schedule your first service appointment before you leave. Obviously I’m not coming back for my first service so this is needless and pointless to me. My guess is this is something corporate wants them to do. This appointment was easily cancelled online.

Everyone I dealt with at Chapman Horsham was professional and laid back. You won’t have any issues with your delivery.

THE TRUCK, AND THE DRIVE HOME

A lot has already been written by others so I’ll try to not rehash everything we all have already read. I sold my ‘17 focus S (base, stripper model) at the end of July to carmax. I have been driving my dads 2004 crv since then.

I left all the drive settings in their default state for my drive home. Start/stop was a little weird. It restarts as you lift off the brake pedal was was always started before my foot switched over to the gas pedal. I’m not an aggressive driver usually either, especially driving my new truck for the first time, 400 miles from home. I’ll prob leave this feature on.

-The ride is tight and controlled. The steering has a nice weight to it, without being too heavy.
-The leather wrapped wheel feels good (xlt lux), but you can tell the leather needs a bit of conditioning.
-Someone previously said the door handles would fled when you closed the door. I don’t know what they did to get it to flex. Mine don’t. I have mechanical sympathy though.
-The seats felt ok on the drive. I noticed a stitch seam started to bother me a little bit after 350 miles. It did take me a while to get a seating position I really liked.
-All these people complaining about the base stereo must have expectations FAR exceeding the vehicle they have purchased. The speakers are fine. If you want to BUMP, you need to upgrade. 6.5” speakers aren’t going to cut it. I listened to various kinds of rock, metal, and a little pop on the drive home. Everything was good. Iirc, my eq settings are treble +4, mids flat, bass +1. I DO PLAN on replacing the speakers and adding an amp in time, but for the next 6-12 mos, this system is fine. I noticed that the volume varies depending on which way you stream your music, usb vs Bluetooth. It’s a touch better radio than what the Focus had.

The first 100 miles of my drive consisted of mostly surface streets as I took Pa-309 nw from the dealer, all the way to i81 near Drums, Pa. Then I took I-80w to Ohio. I tried to drive ~5 mph over the speed limit the whole time. At the first fill up near Youngstown, I calculated an actual 26.6 mpg. This includes all the time idling while adjusting stuff and talking w Sean at the dealer, plus any time the dealer idled it. When I got home, the dash was showing 30.x mpg. I have no idea what grade gas Chapman put in it but I filled it w 87. I didn’t really notice people gawking at it on the drive home. Maybe HPR wasn’t flashy enough in the sunlight? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

It’s a cool truck. Lots of tech that I’ll enjoy more the more I use it. The size and gas milage are actually usable and manageable in the city. It fits MY use case 100%. I’m very happy with It, and the entire buying experience from Tom and everyone at Chapman Horsham.

I’m sure I left a bunch of stuff out but it’s time to take mom & dad out to breakfast and show them the new wheels! Just ask if you have more questions or need pics of something.
Ford Maverick Picking up Saturday 12/4 from Chapman 120E096F-11D9-4122-AC09-BA598003129E
Ford Maverick Picking up Saturday 12/4 from Chapman 21454415-CA49-49B4-A2E2-5AD4E6196AFF
Ford Maverick Picking up Saturday 12/4 from Chapman C220DACF-BC75-4983-B102-721E47E4D74F

Ford Maverick Picking up Saturday 12/4 from Chapman EBB78D97-4D68-4297-8645-EEEFA931BBD1

@Dealerinsider

Last edited:
Sponsored

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tl:dr - verything went perfect.You don’t have anything to worry about if you ordered from Chapman Horsham.

Everything related to the flight from Akron Ohio to Philly was handled by me. Once I landed (at 8:30 on a Saturday no less), I called my guy at Chapman (John) and he arranged for Lyft to pick me up. The lyft driver was there in 10-15 min.

When I got to Chapman, my truck was waiting by the front doors ready for me. I looked it over for a few minutes before going inside and everything looked good. Inside I was teamed up with Sean while I waited for F&I. Nice guy. Super laid back.

The F&I guy (Alex) comes and greets me and we go to his office where I sign a bunch of papers for Pa and Ohio. Then he went over the available supplemental things like extended warranty, key replacement, rim protection, fabric protections. Thewere all presented at the same time and I could simply decline them all at once if I wanted. Zero pressure or coercion from him to buy any or all of it. Fwiw- they let me put $2500 on my discover card to get the points.

Done with F&I, we go back to Sean in sales, then to the truck to activate the Ford Pass app, going over a few electronic features, and connecting my phone to the Bluetooth. I spent 15 min adjusting the radio and mirrors and stuff, then left for the 400 mile drive home.

If I’m gonna nitpick anything about the experience, I didn’t love the way they requested documents before the sale. You get a generic email from “compliance@dsgss” requesting things like proof of insurance and your license front and back, and gives you a spot to upload an image. I feel the system is buggy as they didn’t get 2 of the images I sent. No big deal, as this was easily fixed when I arrived, but I’m nit picking, right?

They also schedule your first service appointment before you leave. Obviously I’m not coming back for my first service so this is needless and pointless to me. My guess is this is something corporate wants them to do. This appointment was easily cancelled online.

Everyone I dealt with at Chapman Horsham was professional and laid back. You won’t have any issues with your delivery.

A lot has already been written by others so I’ll try to not rehash everything we all have already read. I sold my ‘17 focus S (base, stripper model) at the end of July to carmax. I have been driving my dads 2004 crv since then.

I left all the drive settings in their default state for my drive home. Start/stop was a little weird. It restarts as you lift off the brake pedal was was always started before my foot switched over to the gas pedal. I’m not an aggressive driver usually either, especially driving my new truck for the first time, 400 miles from home. I’ll prob leave this feature on.

-The ride is tight and controlled. The steering has a nice weight to it, without being too heavy.
-The leather wrapped wheel feels good (xlt lux), but you can tell the leather needs a bit of conditioning.
-Someone previously said the door handles would fled when you closed the door. I don’t know what they did to get it to flex. Mine don’t. I have mechanical sympathy though.
-The seats felt ok on the drive. I noticed a stitch seam started to bother me a little bit after 350 miles. It did take me a while to get a seating position I really liked.
-All these people complaining about the base stereo must have expectations FAR exceeding the vehicle they have purchased. The speakers are fine. If you want to BUMP, you need to upgrade. 6.5” speakers aren’t going to cut it. I listened to various kinds of rock, metal, and a little pop on the drive home. Everything was good. Iirc, my eq settings are treble +4, mids flat, bass +1. I DO PLAN on replacing the speakers and adding an amp in time, but for the next 6-12 mos, this system is fine. I noticed that the volume varies depending on which way you stream your music, usb vs Bluetooth. It’s a touch better radio than what the Focus had.

The first 100 miles of my drive consisted of mostly surface streets as I took Pa-309 nw from the dealer, all the way to i81 near Drums, Pa. Then I took I-80w to Ohio. I tried to drive ~5 mph over the speed limit the whole time. At the first fill up near Youngstown, I calculated an actual 26.6 mpg. This includes all the time idling while adjusting stuff and talking w Sean at the dealer, plus any time the dealer idled it. When I got home, the dash was showing 30.x mpg. I have no idea what grade gas Chapman put in it but I filled it w 87. I didn’t really notice people gawking at it on the drive home. Maybe HPR wasn’t flashy enough in the sunlight? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

It’s a cool truck. Lots of tech that I’ll enjoy more the more I use it. The size and gas milage are actually usable and manageable in the city. It fits MY use case 100%. I’m very happy with It, and the entire buying experience from Tom and everyone at Chapman Horsham.

I’m sure I left a bunch of stuff out but it’s time to take mom & dad out to breakfast and show them the new wheels! Just ask if you have more questions or need pics of something.
120E096F-11D9-4122-AC09-BA598003129E.jpeg
21454415-CA49-49B4-A2E2-5AD4E6196AFF.jpeg
View attachment 22301
C220DACF-BC75-4983-B102-721E47E4D74F.jpeg

EBB78D97-4D68-4297-8645-EEEFA931BBD1.png

@Dealerinsider
Great review. Thank you and congrats. Does yours have the 4k tow package?
Just wondering from the MPG perspective.

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the great write up and congratulations on your new truck. I'm happy to hear that your Chapman experience was positive. Mine is scheduled for production the week of January 10th. So if all goes as I hope, i will be picking up my truck at Chapman sometime in February?

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

120E096F-11D9-4122-AC09-BA598003129E.jpeg
21454415-CA49-49B4-A2E2-5AD4E6196AFF.jpeg
View attachment 22301
C220DACF-BC75-4983-B102-721E47E4D74F.jpeg

EBB78D97-4D68-4297-8645-EEEFA931BBD1.png

@Dealerinsider
Congrats! The HPR color looks great! A word to the wise, and maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I would remove your Certificate of Origin as an upload since it’s a legal document with your full VIN. Thieves are always scouring the internet for stuff like this. Anyway, enjoy!

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesss, I agree 100% definitely take that non public info, (VIN.Title) the heck of the internet. I used to work in fraud. Why risk it?
Very, very nice looking truck!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What he ^^^ said....I get scam attempts on a weekly basis. Life-Lock tried to scam me this morning for $299.

THANKS VERY MUCH for an excellent review, helps all of us knowing we are dealing with a reputable Ford Dealer that makes the transaction easy....Thanks.
Sponsored