Sponsored

Perimeter Plus KN1Z-19A361-A -- is FORScan required for installing?

Jimmy J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have looked at the threads and I am a bit confused. By no means am I a mechanic, I am a school teacher so that is why I am asking. I get the installation is easy. But on some forums you need to go into FORScan and activate some things. I have a 2023 XLT Hybrid. Has anyone installed one of the perimeter plus units and did you have to go into FORScan? How sensitive is the shock sensor?
Sponsored

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the neg battery cable while installing. When I finished and replaced the cable, all I did was to turn the system on, then off. Note that I also installed the LED indicator. The sensitivity is adjustable on the sensor box that is strapped to the firewall.

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you don't need ForScan to activate - follow the instructions in the install guide and it will activate just fine. If I remember correctly it was opening and closing the door and a toggle of the ignition switch was all. To set the sensitivity you open the window and arm the system and strike the steering wheel until you get it set to your desired level.

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have looked at the threads and I am a bit confused. By no means am I a mechanic, I am a school teacher so that is why I am asking. I get the installation is easy. But on some forums you need to go into FORScan and activate some things. I have a 2023 XLT Hybrid. Has anyone installed one of the perimeter plus units and did you have to go into FORScan? How sensitive is the shock sensor?
Here is my post where I installed mine, go further down this thread and you can see where I mounted it. some are tying it to the harness but mine is working fine where it is https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/remote-start-retrofit-install.26273/post-502438

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jimmy J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is my post where I installed mine, go further down this thread and you can see where I mounted it. some are tying it to the harness but mine is working fine where it is https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/remote-start-retrofit-install.26273/post-502438
I have attached the unit. I followed the instructions and the horn beeped when it was supposed to. It has remote start that works. However, the shock sensor does not seem to work. Do I have to turn it on a different way? I rolled the window down and locked the door. I hit the steering wheel and the alarm never went off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have attached the unit. I followed the instructions and the horn beeped when it was supposed to. It has remote start that works. However, the shock sensor does not seem to work. Do I have to turn it on a different way? I rolled the window down and locked the door. I hit the steering wheel and the alarm never went off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I had to experiment with mounting mine in several different places to get it to properly go off. I ended up mounting it on top of the shin airbag bracket with 3M tape sitting horizontally. It seems to work better horizontally than vertically mounted.
Sponsored