Sponsored

Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The factory Perimeter Alarm on the XLT/Lariat is only the Doors, hood, and tailgate alarming if opened.
The Perimeter Plus is an add on alarm module(VSS,) that you HAVE to buy separately and either install yourself or have Ford install.
Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System ~ KN1Z19A361A-L

The Manual is deceiving because it describes Interior Sensors and an Inclination Sensor, which are ONLY available on the extra Perimeter Plus module you have to buy. The manual says nothing about this. It says the Interior Sensors are in the OVERHEAD console, they are NOT, they don't exist.

I ordered one from Fairway Ford and will install it myself.

alrm_1.jpg
I'm curious how you know the sensors aren't located in the overhead console? I don't have my Maverick yet so I can't look for myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious how you know the sensors aren't located in the overhead console? I don't have my Maverick yet so I can't look for myself.
The only thing in the overhead console turned out is a temperature sensor, member LC48 found in the service manual. Also, Mavericks with a moonroof don't have an overhead console.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? PXL_20220410_062718194

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing in the overhead console turned out is a temperature sensor, member LC48 found in the service manual. Also, Mavericks with a moonroof don't have an overhead console.

PXL_20220410_062718194.jpg
Thanks. So this does make you wonder where this interior sensor is really located or is there one at all inside?

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very good question since both part numbers work on the Maverick.
I ordered KN1Z-19A361-A from Fairwayfordparts.net. They were cheaper than my dealer @ $169 and let me use my Ford Pass Points. Arrived in 2 days.
I installed it yesterday, and after changing it's location several times, it is working well.
The Ford Pass Notifications are hit or miss, which is disappointing. Sometimes I get an alert that the alarm was triggered, other times I can set it off 5 or 6 times and get no alert. Apparently, they are still working on this for the Maverick.

I think it works better horizontally, had it vertically first 2 times and it wasn't very sensitive. I removed the trim and zip tied it to the lower brace/piece and it is more sensitive, set at about 3/4 on the dial. You can see the general area in the photo.

Be careful with that trim piece, a tab broke off the 2nd time I removed it. Had to epoxy it.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? PXL_20220423_165841628

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? PXL_20220423_170140543

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The manual is a bit hard to interpret, mainly because the way Ford does the headings it's not easy to see when you are moving from one topic to another. It's easier to see when you look at the table of contents on page 2.

There are two sections that descibe the different types of alarms -- the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and the Anti-Theft Alarm System (ATAS). Then there is a third section on the ATAS settings. They could have done a better job of naming these and made it clearer which one you get with which option.

The PATS is described in a short section on page 85. The description of ATAS also starts on page 85 and extends over page 86. All the stuff below where the ATAS description starts on page 85 pertains only to ATAS. That includes the perimiter alarms, the intererior sensors, and the alarm setting. None of that applies to the PATS.

Again, like I said, they could have been clearer. The heading type size and the subheading type size are almost the same, so it's hard to tell when you move from one section to the next.
Right, but the XLT and Lariat Do include a Perimeter Alarm(on the Window Sticker) not just the PATS. Only not the Full Perimeter alarm described in the manual. Only the Doors/hood/tailgate.

The manual also mentions interior sensors in the Overhead console, which do not exist even on the additional Perimeter Plus Alarm.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? Sensor

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, but the XLT and Lariat Do include a Perimeter Alarm(on the Window Sticker) not just the PATS. Only not the Full Perimeter alarm described in the manual. Only the Doors/hood/tailgate.

The manual also mentions interior sensors in the Overhead console, which do not exist even on the additional Perimeter Plus Alarm.
As I said, I also find it confusing. It reminds me of the confusion about CoPilot-360. Ford uses that name for an option at various trim levels, but what is actually included in CoPilot-360 depends on the trim level (and maybe other things). So you buy what looks like the same option, but don't get the same things.

I'm looking at a Ford brochure I got last summer that explains the different trims. It says that the "SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System" is standard on all trims, and that the "Perimeter Alarm" -- which I understood to mean doors and tailgate -- is standard on XLT and Lariat. Here's the description of standard security features:
Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? 1650737281492

And here's the (very short) list of security options:
Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? 1650737308575

The brochure lists lots of other options and packages, but no other security options. Oddly, I don't find anything about a "Perimeter Plus Alarm" option on the Maverick.

Where would I go to find out more about the "Perimeter Plus Alarm" option and what it includes?

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I said, I also find it confusing. It reminds me of the confusion about CoPilot-360. Ford uses that name for an option at various trim levels, but what is actually included in CoPilot-360 depends on the trim level (and maybe other things). So you buy what looks like the same option, but don't get the same things.

I'm looking at a Ford brochure I got last summer that explains the different trims. It says that the "SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System" is standard on all trims, and that the "Perimeter Alarm" -- which I understood to mean doors and tailgate -- is standard on XLT and Lariat. Here's the description of standard security features:
1650737281492.png

And here's the (very short) list of security options:
1650737308575.png

The brochure lists lots of other options and packages, but no other security options. Oddly, I don't find anything about a "Perimeter Plus Alarm" option on the Maverick.

Where would I go to find out more about the "Perimeter Plus Alarm" option and what it includes?
It's basically a two-stage shock sensor module. But it also adds remote start via key fob if your vehicle doesn't have that.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-20

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's basically a two-stage shock sensor module. But it also adds remote start via key fob if your vehicle doesn't have that.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-20
I'm not sure, but that looks like an add-on that the dealer would install. Is it something that people could order as part of their build?

Also, as to all that stuff that is listed under "Anti-Theft Alarm System" in the manual ... is that an option that people could order on their build? I never saw anything like that.

It's kind of like the manual talks about something that isn't even real -- as far a Mavericks go.

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure, but that looks like an add-on that the dealer would install. Is it something that people could order as part of their build?

Also, as to all that stuff that is listed under "Anti-Theft Alarm System" in the manual ... is that an option that people could order on their build? I never saw anything like that.

It's kind of like the manual talks about something that isn't even real -- as far a Mavericks go.
It is available to be added on the Build website under Accessories/Electronics, not sure if it was back in July when I ordered. But it doesn't seem that it comes installed?
" Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory. "

As far as the Manual mentioning Interior Sensors and an Inclination Sensor, that seems to have never been included or an option.
I installed the VSS yesterday in about 10 minutes. It comes with a harness that plugs in behind the OBD port.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? VSS

Last edited:

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is available to be added on the Build website under Accessories/Electronics ...
I installed the VSS yesterday in about 10 minutes. It comes with a harness that plugs in behind the OBD port.
I guess I missed it because it was labeled as "Remote Start and Vehicle Security." I thought it was just for the remote start key fob capability.

The VSS description talks about the shock sensors, but doesn't mention any of the other stuff described in the ATAS portion of the manual ... interior sensors, inclination sensors.

I guess this all means that the full ATAS as described in the manual just isn't an option on the Maverick. The best you can do is add the Remote Start VSS add-on.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is available to be added on the Build website under Accessories/Electronics, not sure if it was back in July when I ordered. But it doesn't seem that it comes installed?
" Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory. "

As far as the Manual mentioning Interior Sensors and an Inclination Sensor, that seems to have never been included or an option.

VSS.jpg
Have you tested it since installing it? I'm curious as to what it adds as far as security or prevention. The manual doesn't seem to be clear, at least to me it doesn't.

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have tested it since installing it. I'm curious as to what it adds as far as security or prevention. The manual doesn't seem to be clear, at least to me it doesn't.
It is a 2 stage shock sensor. Depending on how sensitive you adjust the dial, it will give a warning chirp then Full Alarm goes off upon a harder impact.

I am still tinkering with the setting. A light tap on the window/door/ tire etc. will chirp. If I hit it a little harder the Alarm goes off.
So if someone is trying to break in, breaks the window, someone hits your truck, the Alarm will go off.
Supposedly you will get a Notification on your phone via the Ford Pass App, which is one of the main reasons I got it. But so far it is hit or miss and doesn't always give a notification at all. Someone said they are working to fix that.

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
O
It is a 2 stage shock sensor. Depending on how sensitive you adjust the dial, it will give a warning chirp then Full Alarm goes off upon a harder impact.

I am still tinkering with the setting. A light tap on the window/door/ tire etc. will chirp. If I hit it a little harder the Alarm goes off.
So if someone is trying to break in, breaks the window, someone hits your truck, the Alarm will go off.
Supposedly you will get a Notification on your phone via the Ford Pass App, which is one of the main reasons I got it. But so far it is hit or miss and doesn't always give a notification at all. Supposedly they are working to fix that.
OK so it's not an Interior alarm system to? Like if you left the windows down and someone reaching inside wouldn't set off the alarm system?

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
O

OK so it's not an Interior alarm system to? Like if you left the windows down and someone reaching inside wouldn't set off the alarm system?
No.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

PXL_20220410_062718194.jpg
So then, they have no temperature sensor either??? That picture is almost exactly what the motion sensor looks like on the Mach E. Maybe the same part is used in the Mav but no connection???
Sponsored