First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only reason I don’t like white on these is the fleet look. BUT it looks great and looks bigger in white too

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The thing about White is it perfectly plays off the Black design cues of side mirrors, door handles, bumper covers/cladding, bed top rail protector, and even the black tires to give it a more upscale look. I'm with Ghost on the weird pastel colors: area 51, Cactus, etc. just look blah to me and wash out all the black accents instead of contrasting with them to improve overall appearance without paying extra for fancy paint jobs. Mine will be White with steelies for that simple but stylish look :cool:

**EDIT** update since this 1+ year old thread has been resurrected: I changed colors because I just couldn't get past the fugly headlight design overpowering the looks of the entire vehicle. After studying all color choices closer before placing my order, Decided I would use the washout effect to hide the impact of the headlights and went with Carbonized Grey Metallic instead (y) Hopefully they actually build it this week instead of pushing me back again...

Last edited:

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
As I mentioned in the other Oxford White thread, I'm not sold on the "work truck white", but the contrast with the white and black are nice and classy looking. I'm choosing fully loaded Lariat, which my build will obviously include FX4 with the black wheels. The pop of red tail lights and FX4 badge will look sharp. The blue Ford emblems will give it the American - red, white and blue theme. It should look classy. I'm used to my white sedan, so I know what I am getting into with keeping white clean. With that said, if Ford offered Star White or Space White, I would be choosing between those two.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only reason I don’t like white on these is the fleet look. BUT it looks great and looks bigger in white too
And the government is going to buy a TON of these alone, likely all XT hybrids in white. So as much as I prefer white for hot climates, I'm going to have to go with some kind of color.

That said, those steelies would have looked fine on that white one if they had used black or white gloss instead of silver paint.

Sponsored
OP
OP
balucipher

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
And the government is going to buy a TON of these alone, likely all XT hybrids in white. So as much as I prefer white for hot climates, I'm going to have to go with some kind of color.

That said, those steelies would have looked fine on that white one if they had used black or white gloss instead of silver paint.
I agree, black gloss would look solid. White gloss looks cool clean but based on how often fleet trucks appear to be washed here, they'd be black for a majority of their lives

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
On my way to work today I passed 6 trucks all lined up and going down the road. I pass the sewage plant for my city on my drive, and they were all water department trucks. It was kind of shocking to me how much they looked alike. They were fords and chevys from the past 10 years, each one a different configuration, but damn me if they didn't all just sort of look alike in that lineup with the same white and same water logo on the doors. It reminded me of this post though, and I'm really glad I didn't pick white.

In about 5-6 years there will be a lot of them on used car lots if you want one, though, especially the XL with no options. :LOL:

Sorry for the ribbing, honestly, I wish it wasn't the default fleet option, because it'd look great if it wasn't so dead common.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wimbledon White from Fords past history, I say let’s bring it back.
Solid color with warmth, depth and vitality. It doesn’t have the “appliance” look and held up very well. As trucks go, solid (non metallic), paint always seem to make sense to me. Area 51, some of the grays and of course white come to mind.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Just saw this on Instagram

Compares white maverick to an escape

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score