Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you.

Need more of that Holiday cheer in the world. Me and the wife were riding around the other night looking at people who decorated their houses (ours is decorated).
We talked about being young and remembering the majority of houses were decorated for Christmas in some form or fashion. Anywhere from a yard ornament , to the porch, to the whole house.

Now decorating is the minority and you have to really search to find holiday cheer 🙁
Yes. It's not laziness generally. It's people working long hours, and dealing with kids who have busy lives too. On top of which, at least where I live, fancy decorations can be expensive and complicated to store.
But I remember how overwhelmed we were back in the day, trying to manage jobs, get the kid to after school stuff, shop, etc etc etc.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you.

Need more of that Holiday cheer in the world. Me and the wife were riding around the other night looking at people who decorated their houses (ours is decorated).
We talked about being young and remembering the majority of houses were decorated for Christmas in some form or fashion. Anywhere from a yard ornament , to the porch, to the whole house.

Now decorating is the minority and you have to really search to find holiday cheer 🙁
That's totally cool you want to decorate your house. To buy, store for 11 months of a year, and then pay to power the lighting just doesn't make sense for most people.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if it would power one of those inflatable decorations. You could have a Maverick Christmas float,lol. Great idea BTW.
As great as inflatables would be, my experience with them in my yard says that they would just tear apart if you drove too fast. Better stick with the more solid ones lol

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good for you.

Depends on the area. Our street is generally pretty lit up, but some of the people are getting pretty old and don't decorate anymore. Can't blame them. The next street over looks like a christmas light competition. Our house has been lit up since the weekend after thanksgiving. :D

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, this outlet is only available during the holidays?
Yes, but nowadays, every month has a holiday for something that you could use it for. I can leave up my lights for Valentine's or Ground Hog Day, First Day of Spring, Easter, Memorial Day, etc.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but nowadays, every month has a holiday for something that you could use it for. I can leave up my lights for Valentine's or Ground Hog Day, First Day of Spring, Easter, Memorial Day, etc.
C'mon groundhog day!

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
C'mon groundhog day!
Hey, I didn't put it on the calendar and after all of these years I'm surprised that the sum' *tch is still alive.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending on what the cops are like in your area and local laws about what types and colors of lights you can have, you may get pulled over if you have those on while driving.
Yeah I will not be surprised at all. Will post an update pic if it happens!

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What did you use to secure them down on the bed of the truck? Looks great, fantastic idea which I will gladly do if my Maverick comes in before Christmas........of 2022. :)

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs