First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Could someone please elaborate more on the ordering process in Canada?

We submit a request to order, but with out any deposit? What's the obligation at the time of delivery, can you still jump ship if you see it in person and don't like it? At which point are you obligated to sign the contract?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's garbage. You're creating a sale lead sheet for a dealer. Nothing happens.

What you have to do is create a config with a dealer over the phone or in person, they get their dealer pricing book (they're getting it today, late, maybe), choose a build, and pay a deposit, typically $1500.00

Given the difficulty if you get this done this week you'll be an early ship in Canada.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided

What you have to do is create a config with a dealer over the phone or in person, they get their dealer pricing book (they're getting it today, late, maybe), choose a build, and pay a deposit, typically $1500.00

Given the difficulty if you get this done this week you'll be an early ship in Canada.
Where did you get the $1500 deposit from? I thought it'd be 100 refundable...

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer. This is an actual order not a reservation.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone please elaborate more on the ordering process in Canada?

We submit a request to order, but with out any deposit? What's the obligation at the time of delivery, can you still jump ship if you see it in person and don't like it? At which point are you obligated to sign the contract?

Thanks in advance
This is where I'm on the fence too... its kind of weird to drop $30-$40k on a vehicle and not even take it for a test drive. But... that seems to be the way. I'm going to ask my sales dude about this.

Sponsored

Tamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Rubicon
Well, something sort of happens. You submit the sales lead and you then get harassed 4 minutes later by a sales guy who tries selling you on a "proper truck like the F150 that they have in stock and you can drive off with today"

At least that's my experience so far.

I'd pay big money to just be able to buy direct online and not have to put up with dealerships.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided

Visited 1 dealer and called 4 others, first dealer
Well, something sort of happens. You submit the sales lead and you then get harassed 4 minutes later by a sales guy who tries selling you on a "proper truck like the F150 that they have in stock and you can drive off with today"

At least that's my experience so far.

I'd pay big money to just be able to buy direct online and not have to put up with dealerships.
I've dealt with 4 dealers so far, first one I had to go on the ford.ca website and show him the maverick, the other 3 never called back when I asked for an appointment,

So I'm supposed to give up all my bargaining power by walking in 4 months prior to delivery, teaching them about the car, slapping 1k deposit and giving them a free sale,

I might as well sit in their chair and type up the documents myself,

I can't wait for the day I can amazon prime myself a car and not deal with this

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had an OK salesman experience. The finance guy tried the extended warranty, loan insurance, and spray on rustproofing garbage, and insisted that the Maverick was electric. What a dumb plank.
Sponsored