Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone,

Super excited to get my Maverick but I'm a little suspect. I ordered my maverick at my local dealer in late April 2022. A week ago I was getting impatient (because of the gas prices and whatnot) so I contacted dealers across the country and I had a possible opportunity to buy one from a dealer who had one in stock across the country (I’m in Canada). I called my dealer for my buyout (I currently have a 2021 F-150 on a lease) as the other dealer needed that information to price it out. When I called and spoke to the salesperson at my local dealership she said my truck has actually left the plant (she notified me late last week). I was kind of shocked because I thought I’d be waiting till probably 2023, so I’m wondering if she’s just telling me this so I don’t buy from another dealer or if it’s possible that it’s legit. Some people are taking nearly a year to get theirs so it’s just a little suspicious. How/can I verify if it’s legit? TIA
Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you order in April? The order banks closed a few days after I ordered mine on January 24th

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently Canada orders never closed.
Absolutely not true, either you are misinterpreting what your dealer told you when your placed your "order" (ie, you just got on a list for when the order banks open in August) or they are lying.

The only way you are getting a new 2022 now is if you can find one at a dealer who had someone cancel or refuse their incoming retail order.

OP
OP

postpwned

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely not true, either you are misinterpreting what your dealer told you when your placed your "order" (ie, you just got on a list for when the order banks open in August) or they are lying.

The only way you are getting a new 2022 now is if you can find one at a dealer who had someone cancel or refuse their incoming retail order.
I dunno what’s happening tbh. She told me it left the plant but she didn’t give me any further info yet. I dunno what to think at this point.

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I have an in, a good friend of mine's daughter is the GM at a group of Ford Dealers in GTA west. In fact I was just at her office yesterday talking about my order and other things. She is horrified at what is happening in the US. Sounds like your dealer is similar. She told me that they have only had 8 Mavericks delivered to date and 2 of them Hybrids. Their list is currently over 70 long. either orders for 2022 or "pre-orders" for MY23. This is one of the largest dealerships in the GTA so I'm sure she knows and I trust her.
You know you can call Ford directly and get the scoop don't you?

OP
OP

postpwned

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I have an in, a good friend of mine's daughter is the GM at a group of Ford Dealers in GTA west. In fact I was just at her office yesterday talking about my order and other things. She is horrified at what is happening in the US. Sounds like your dealer is similar. She told me that they have only had 8 Mavericks delivered to date and 2 of them Hybrids. Their list is currently over 70 long. either orders for 2022 or "pre-orders" for MY23. This is one of the largest dealerships in the GTA so I'm sure she knows and I trust her.
You know you can call Ford directly and get the scoop don't you?
I did but they won’t give me any info either. I might call back and express my frustration and see if there is any way they can give me some more info.

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did they give you a VIN number?

DarthSquatch