Sponsored

Orange interior

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
For a good reference point on rear facing car seats, check out some Bronco Sport reviews, it should have nearly identical rear seat room.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The whole XLT interior is not orange, it’s only accents😁 Personally I like a little pizzaz, car interiors have been dull for too long. Most of this interior is a very subtle blue/gray and light gray. The orange stitching makes it look like a good pair of comfortable old bluejeans. Just watch the aftermarket jump in with all sorts of replacement colors for those orange parts; I guarantee that will happen. Being old, I remember all the cool interiors from the 50s and 60s; you could get tons of different colors back then. I’ve seen complaints about the two tone brown in the Lariat too; I’m not generally a brown fan but I think that interior gives the feeling of a horse saddle and tack... how appropriate for a vehicle named Maverick.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I actually wished I could get a fully loaded Lariat, with all current option/ feature set, but with cloth seats. I mean I’ll still purchase, but just my preference. I’ve always had good luck with cloth interior looking much better after 10-15 years than leather type products. I like the Lariat interior color scheme though, give that western type theme I like. I’m having hard time choosing exterior color to go with Lariat interior though. I initially leaning toward Area51 or Cactus Gray. Now it’s between Carbonized Gray and, dare I say, Oxford White. My sedan is that type of white and I love it. I usually don’t like white trucks as they scream “work truck”, but with an exterior white with contrasting black bumpers and black wheels on the FX4, it may look sharp. The pop of Red on the FX4 box decal will remind me of my 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan with the pop of red the ”Si” badge provides. Classy looking color scheme. I’m not getting rid of my Honda, way too much fun, owes me nothing and has been paid off since 2010. If Ford offered Space White or Star White, those would have been no-brainers for me.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
I actually wished I could get a fully loaded Lariat, with all current option/ feature set, but with cloth seats. I mean I’ll still purchase, but just my preference. I’ve always had good luck with cloth interior looking much better after 10-15 years than leather type products. I like the Lariat interior color scheme though, give that western type theme I like. I’m having hard time choosing exterior color to go with Lariat interior though. I initially leaning toward Area51 or Cactus Gray. Now it’s between Carbonized Gray and, dare I say, Oxford White. My sedan is that type of white and I love it. I usually don’t like white trucks as they scream “work truck”, but with an exterior white with contrasting black bumpers and black wheels on the FX4, it may look sharp. The pop of Red on the FX4 box decal will remind me of my 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan with the pop of red the ”Si” badge provides. Classy looking color scheme. I’m not getting rid of my Honda, way too much fun, owes me nothing and has been paid off since 2010. If Ford offered Space White or Star White, those would have been no-brainers for me.
I've always believed that the upper trim for any vehicle should offer a premium cloth interior as an alternative to leather.

Syrinx Priest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500,Jeep Cherokee, Audi A4
A Lariat with an XLT luxury package would be much better also. Lariat lux package has to much stuff added in that i dont need but i would like heated seats. Does anyone know whats up with "evasive steering"? It looks like Xtreme Thunder wants a Lariat with cloth and I want and XLT with Leather..........

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I’m not a fan of the Orange accents either. Not that I’m against adding some color to the inside, I painted some of the interior pieces on my 97 Explorer Sport to match the exterior, but I like XL interior better. I think there should’ve been an option for the XLT and up trims.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know, I would have agreed on cloth interior looking good after a long time, but my “Nuluxe” (faux leather) in my 9-year old Lexus looks amazing. The backseats and passenger seats still look new. Driver seat is a little shiny from wear, but overall still really nice looking. Hoping this Lariat faux leather/vinyl will do the same. Much easier to wipe down than cloth if you have dogs or small sticky people.

ETA: haha, same issue with exterior color choice given the brown/navy interior on the Lariat. We went with carbonized grey, but almost did Oxford white. It’s going to be amazing! 😊

Sponsored

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
The orange accents are subtle enough that I can live with it. I have always enjoyed cloth seats as much or more than leather. And the Lariat is not real leather. My 4RUNNER SR5 premium has their “Softex” vinyl which has proven comfortable and durable, so leather is more of a smell and may not wear as well. I don’t fault Ford for going luxury vinyl on the top trim level

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder how hard it would be to remove the orange accent pieces and dye or Cerakote (like Pmags) them yourself. Personally, I like the orange details.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m surprised that more people are not upset about the navy blue base color for the interior of the XLT and Lariat. That means the dash, door panels, console, and base seat color are going to be blue instead of black. This is honestly the single thing that caused me to order the XL instead of the XLT. I want a BLACK base interior color that I can add accents to with new seat upholstery (katzkin). Not a fan of the navy blue interior color Ford seems to be obsessed with right now.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m surprised that more people are not upset about the navy blue base color for the interior of the XLT and Lariat. That means the dash, door panels, console, and base seat color are going to be blue instead of black. This is honestly the single thing that caused me to order the XL instead of the XLT. I want a BLACK base interior color that I can add accents to with new seat upholstery (katzkin). Not a fan of the navy blue interior color Ford seems to be obsessed with right now.
And for me, that’s why I went XLT instead of Lariat, my exterior color ordered is the Alto Blue which will be an awesome interior/exterior combo.