OceanMan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3 now Maverick soon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an EB, XLT w/Lux, FX4, 4K tow, and it is exactly as I wanted. For me, I would not change anything, except that I had to drop the spray in bed liner, and get the plastic one. The plastic one is terrible. All plastic ones are terrible though to me.
I prefer plastic ones, they hold up better and things slide on them (more important with a bigger bed though). I had a Ridgeline with spray in and I stained it with some chemical and scratched it with a fridge. Neither would have happened with the drop in liner. (Also had one of those for 10 years)
Sponsored

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I had to do it over I'd drop the inverter. It's a low quality inverter and is not pure sine wave. It's also fairly low powered and caused an LED work light to flicker the power is so dirty.
I was wondering about that with the cost. Though, I suppose it would be an easy enough swap-out since all the wiring is already in place. ;-) Fabricobble a custom mount for the replacement inverter and splice in the wires.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wondering about that with the cost. Though, I suppose it would be an easy enough swap-out since all the wiring is already in place. ;-) Fabricobble a custom mount for the replacement inverter and splice in the wires.
Yeah I thought about that but you could invalidate your warranty if you screw it up. And it's not really worth it unless you have a specific need. Having an outlet in the cab is nice but it has not turned out to be very useful, for me at least. A portable inverter could fill the gap better. In any case it can't handle enough wattage to run, say, power tools. I'd love it if it could pump out 2000 watts but that size inverter is pretty beefy and fairly expensive.

Cam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun Cate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking to order a Maverick from the factory with the following options:
  • XL 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD
  • Area51 with steel wheels (I still think this is the best looking combo!)
  • 4k tow package
For those of you who have received your vehicle, were there options that you regretted not selecting? Anything that you did option that you did not end up utilizing?
Bedliner, floor mats, other accessories I will probably purchase after.

*edit - XL not XLT as I initially wrote
I've got a Lariat AWD, wish I had a front tow hook.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Philemon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I had to do it over I'd drop the inverter. It's a low quality inverter and is not pure sine wave. It's also fairly low powered and caused an LED work light to flicker the power is so dirty.

I'd rather have another 12v outlet in the cab and just get an inverter that plugs into the 12v for when I need one. You can get a nice compact 500 watt pure sine wave unit for under $70 on amazon.

I'd also seriously consider dropping the FX4 package particularly since the major mechanical features are duplicated by the 4k towing package which is probably more useful. But the mav was a present to myself for surviving cancer and I liked the wheels. :giggle:

No ragerts at all on the moon roof or rear sliding window. Love them both. And the full sized spare is actually a good value considering that you can't buy a new steel wheel and tire for what they charge.
I probably would have done 4k towing with or instead of FX4 as well. Probably more bang for your buck with 4k towing.

Jayna

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jayna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking to order a Maverick from the factory with the following options:
  • XL 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD
  • Area51 with steel wheels (I still think this is the best looking combo!)
  • 4k tow package
For those of you who have received your vehicle, were there options that you regretted not selecting? Anything that you did option that you did not end up utilizing?
Bedliner, floor mats, other accessories I will probably purchase after.

*edit - XL not XLT as I initially wrote
I just picked mine up 5 days ago. I immediately regretted the drop in bed liner. I was talked into it because of "constraints." Don't give in on what you want. I live in the Northeast and on day 2, there was water under the bedliner from rain. That's the stuff that will cause rust. I got a tonneau put on a day later but was not at all impressed with having seen that under the liner. It's not exactly a drop in either. It's pieces attached. I also foresee things like wood chips for example, getting stuck under it on the tail gate part if you were trying to sweep out messy things. It just doesn't sit flush enough. We have already talked about possibly having a spray in done.

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nice - I tried adding this, but (at least in Canada) it requires the co-pilot360 which I do not care for. The rear window would end up being over $1,000. I like the idea, but I will pass at that price.
I believe the “manual” rear sliding window is the $150 option, the powered rear sliding window is the expensive one that requires the CP360(don’t know why).

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bed extender - pretty useless because of the shape. Used it once and decided was better off without it.

Sponsored

Philemon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just picked mine up 5 days ago. I immediately regretted the drop in bed liner. I was talked into it because of "constraints." Don't give in on what you want. I live in the Northeast and on day 2, there was water under the bedliner from rain. That's the stuff that will cause rust. I got a tonneau put on a day later but was not at all impressed with having seen that under the liner. It's not exactly a drop in either. It's pieces attached. I also foresee things like wood chips for example, getting stuck under it on the tail gate part if you were trying to sweep out messy things. It just doesn't sit flush enough. We have already talked about possibly having a spray in done.
I was able to use my Fordpass reward points from my mav and the wife's explorer to have the dealer sub out the SIBL to line x and bill the dealer so I could pay the bulk of the expense with points not cash

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a base XL with a hitch and inverter. Wish now I had added the CP360 for the remote mirrors. The 2024 has cruise control, so you won't have to add that.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the “manual” rear sliding window is the $150 option, the powered rear sliding window is the expensive one that requires the CP360(don’t know why).
For 2023 the manual window also requires CP360. Not sure if it was the same in 2022.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The operable rear window is not something I would get on a new order. It blocks some of the visibility and I never use it. The idea was to haul long objects but I installed a rack instead.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No REGERTS (not even one letter?) on my order since the FE came with pretty much everything I could've wanted. Sometimes I wish I'd opted for the Rapid Red paint rather than Carb Grey though.
Sponsored