One Year Later, No Maverick. So Annoyed

Mav1976

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Ford Maverick hybrid, but have 4Runner
A year ago this past Friday I placed my order with Ford for a hybrid Maverick with all the trimmings and gave them my $500 deposit. At the time I was told it would be here by the end of the year, but then we all know what happened from August to December. In January my sales guy said it would be a few more months. I went to the dealership in person in early May and sales guy said the computers were down but would check and get back to me. He called me a few hours later and said it was scheduled for production for the week of July 4th. Figured I would start getting emails from Ford last week, but nope, haven't heard a peep. I texted my sales guy and asked if it was still on for this past week, he replied a day later with "yes". I replied and said "if that's the case how come i haven't been getting any emails from Ford??" He replied and said "you will once it is scheduled". I replied and said "for a year I've been taking your verbal word for it, I want to see a screenshot of Ford's ordering system or some other proof that it's actually in their system". He replied a day later and said "will do". Didn't hear anything the last 3 days so today I called the dealership and happened to get a sales manager. He looked it up and said it's now scheduled for the week of AUGUST 15TH and a delivery date of 9/14 to 9/20!! He also sent me a screenshot like I had asked of my sales guy. I asked him how come my sales guy couldn't do all this, when it only took 2 minutes?? But wait, there's more......concurrently with all this, I had tweeted on Friday about the one year anniversary and tagged Ford and they replied asking me to DM them my order details. After giving them all the order details, they looked it up and said that they can see it's been scheduled and to keep in touch with my dealership and wouldn't give me any specifics of my order. I thanked them for wasting my time. Over the next month I'm going to start looking at other vehicle options. Still want a hybrid or electric pickup and not a big one, but we shall see. Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see from your profile that the only three messages youve posted are ranting threads… so i wont waste too much time on this… but you must understand how odd your line of reasoning is…

after waiting an entire your and sticking it out… you finally have a build date… and NOW is when youre ready to jump ship and throw in the towel on your build? What’re we doing here lol you complain all Year about not getting your truck. Ford schedules your truck. And now youre mad and dont want it? Lol but oh… you want another hybriid/electric small truck… yknow how long itll take you to get one built thats not a maverick?… i’m no smart person or anything.. but it seems safet to assume that since that truck would need to be invented, advertised, and then launched first, it would take longer than august 15th my man.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You buys your ticket, you takes your ride….. hang on, patience should be easier at this point.

OP
OP

Mav1976

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can see from your profile that the only three messages youve posted are ranting threads… so i wont waste too much time on this… but you must understand how odd your line of reasoning is…

after waiting an entire your and sticking it out… you finally have a build date… and NOW is when youre ready to jump ship and throw in the towel on your build? What’re we doing here lol you complain all Year about not getting your truck. Ford schedules your truck. And now youre mad and dont want it? Lol but oh… you want another hybriid/electric small truck… yknow how long itll take you to get one built thats not a maverick?… i’m no smart person or anything.. but it seems safet to assume that since that truck would need to be invented, advertised, and then launched first, it would take longer than august 15th my man.
What you may call odd, I call losing faith that I'll ever get the damn thing, because I was already told it would be built this past week only to find out it's now a month away. No faith that they won't come back and postpone again. It's called hedging my bets and not continuing to put all my eggs in Ford's basket like i've done for the last 12 months. I've been loyally waiting for a year without looking, and now I'm looking, nothing odd about that. If they actually build it 8/15 and get it to me by Sept, great, but not holding my breath anymore.

OP
OP

Mav1976

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You buys your ticket, you takes your ride….. hang on, patience should be easier at this point.
When you're told in early May that you have a definite build date of the week of July 4th and have to hunt them down only to be told on July 11th that it's actually been pushed back another month to the week of August 15th, no, patience is not easier at this point. There's just as equal a chance right now that in a month when I check in they'll be like "oh yeah, it's been canceled and you have to re-enter the order." Right now I don't trust the dealership or Ford as far as I can throw them, and I already went into this with not much faith in anyone connected to the automobile industry.

Sponsored

npipe07

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I get the pessimism. Especially with the dealer relations. I know it's not all the dealers' fault. I definitely put some of the fault on corporate for leaving dealers in the dark or forcing them to ask to keep their shared customers informed. Though I don't believe even if corporate did do better with communication about issues, some dealers would still be shady and non-communicative.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waited for 25 weeks for mine. BUT, I didn’t get conflicting messages like you and others have so I can appreciate your frustration . Hope it gets to a happier place for y’all real soon .:geek:
Sponsored