Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really like the idea of a Carlisle Fairgrounds meet up. If we can get enough of us to go, we can get a tent for free. Would be great to get people from the tri-state area as well as other states/countries.
We’d have to get 25 trucks registered to be considered for a 20x20 club tent… Might be possible if we push it hard here.

But their instructions are a little confused — At first they say you have to have had 25 vehicles registered LAST year to get a free tent THIS year….

Then in the next section, they say (Under “Size of Club Tent”) that free tents may be offered if you have 25 registered, assumedly this year, although all would have to be pre-registered:

—-
COST OF CLUB TENT
• Club tent qualifications are based on the following:
1) The total number of vehicles registered for the prior year’s
event – if your club had 25 or more vehicles registered last
year, your club is eligible for a FREE tent this year
2) The total number of vehicles registered by the Gate-N-Go
deadline of the current year’s event – if your club’s total
number of vehicles registered by the Gate-N-Go deadline is
greater than the prior year’s total and meets the number for the
next larger tent size, your club will receive the larger size FREE.
• Rental fee applies for a 20 ft. x 20 ft. club tent when your club’s
number of vehicle registrations is under 25.

SIZE OF CLUB TENT
Club tent sizes are offered and determined by the number of vehicles your club has pre-registered. FREE tents may be offered at the following club vehicle registration levels:
25 vehicles = 20 ft. x 20 ft. / 50 vehicles = 20 ft. x 30 ft.
75 vehicles = 20 ft. x 40 ft. / 100 vehicles = 30 ft. x 40 ft.

—-

I’ll reach out to my contacts there and see what is the actual fact.

Cost of 20x20 tent is otherwise $250.

Here’s a link to event info about the Carlisle Ford Nationals, for those not familiar with the big shows in Carlisle, Pa. (About 30min west of Harrisburg.)

https://carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=ford+nationals

The Ford show is a 3-day, weekend-long event, June 2-4 this year. Cost to register (get your vehicle on the showfield all three days, plus admission for two) is $70.

You get a 10% discount ($63) if you register by April 18.

I see they do have a class for Mavericks, which is nice.

In any case —- any of you from a distance (Pittsburgh, Ontario folks have expressed interest here), THIS is the event you’d want to drive a distance for … not the little 2- or 3-hr or so “cars and coffee” meetup we were thinking of for Delaware Water Gap.
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Add me as a vote for Delaware Water Gap.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Add me as a vote for Delaware Water Gap.
There is no reason we couldn’t do both — a free and easy informal cars and coffee type gathering some weekend this spring, for those within easy driving distance … and perhaps a more organized (and expensive) gathering at the huge Carlisle Ford show in June.

I just wanted to advise the guys from Pittsburgh and Canada who have expressed interest in the Water Gap gathering that I don’t think anyone is envisioning this as an event worth driving to from five or six hours away….

(I wouldn’t drive more than 90 mins. to go to a “cars and coffee” gathering, which is no more than a bunch of enthusiasts parking together and standing around, drinking coffee, and being enthusiastic about their vehicles for a couple of hours.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the Ford Nationals or All Trucks at Carlisle would be a worthy event for the Northern folk to drive to. Back in the days of Ford Truck World, there were people from all over that would come. NY, PA,NJ,MD, Ontario and it was a big party.

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no reason we couldn’t do both — a free and easy informal cars and coffee type gathering some weekend this spring, for those within easy driving distance … and perhaps a more organized (and expensive) gathering at the huge Carlisle Ford show in June.

I just wanted to advise the guys from Pittsburgh and Canada who have expressed interest in the Water Gap gathering that I don’t think anyone is envisioning this as an event worth driving to from five or six hours away….

(I wouldn’t drive more than 90 mins. to go to a “cars and coffee” gathering, which is no more than a bunch of enthusiasts parking together and standing around, drinking coffee, and being enthusiastic about their vehicles for a couple of hours.)
I'm less than 2 hours away in Northern Virginia and interested in attending
I think the Ford Nationals or All Trucks at Carlisle would be a worthy event for the Northern folk to drive to. Back in the days of Ford Truck World, there were people from all over that would come. NY, PA,NJ,MD, Ontario and it was a big party.
Im a little under 2 hours away in Northern Virginia. Im interested

Sponsored

2handsipper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am interested in the meet up this year.

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay so we have many replies. Most are from PA people looking to do the Water Gap area.

I think Carlisle all trucks or Ford Nationals would be good for a Multi-State GTG. As far as the Water Gap, we can break that off to a different gtg and member can decide which one they wish to go to.

Multi-State gtg would be great to have middle of the road for us all but not sure that can actually happen.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Okay so we have many replies. Most are from PA people looking to do the Water Gap area.

I think Carlisle all trucks or Ford Nationals would be good for a Multi-State GTG. As far as the Water Gap, we can break that off to a different gtg and member can decide which one they wish to go to.

Multi-State gtg would be great to have middle of the road for us all but not sure that can actually happen.
Yes, get the Water Gap event going! Huzzah!

Sponsored

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am from Ontario and I would be interested in the multi state GTG. Let me know when and where and I will try my best to attend. Thanks

Pezzard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am from Ontario and I would be interested in the multi state GTG. Let me know when and where and I will try my best to attend. Thanks

Pezzard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Water Gap sounds nice.

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will be around the Water Gap tomorrow evening if anybody wants to get together for coffee.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will be around the Water Gap tomorrow evening if anybody wants to get together for coffee.
Name a time — we should be able to be there.

If you really want just coffee, then Dunkin' Donuts it is. Just off Exit 310, I-80.

A little convoluted to get there getting off I-80 west. Getting off I-80 east it is just past the traffic circle on the other side of the underpass.

https://goo.gl/maps/xsg56go2qYvRNYes7

*** Otherwise, a pleasant experience — coffee and otherwise — can be had at the Sycamore Grill, 92 Main St., in the middle of town (Route 611)

@Bry@n , since this is your suggestion ... you choose time and place. (Other suggestions welcome...)
Sponsored