Sponsored

Not so patient on hearing nothing about my order since August.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never received any order confirmations from Ford either. I have called them though and they did confirm that they have my order. Now I just need to be patient knowing that I'm in the 16% Lariat Lux group with the 3% chance spray in liner. This is my first new vehicle purchase so I'm gonna just wait to get it the way I want it.

Sponsored

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
I've never received any order confirmations from Ford either. I have called them though and they did confirm that they have my order. Now I just need to be patient knowing that I'm in the 16% Lariat Lux group with the 3% chance spray in liner. This is my first new vehicle purchase so I'm gonna just wait to get it the way I want it.
If you have the Lariat Lux package, that 3% SIBL constraint doesn't apply to you. That 3% is for the standalone option only.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have contacted the dealership several times. They say Ford tells them nothing. Keep saying maybe a couple more months?
Your dealer should make your DORA available to you. At least with that info you can go on the chat link and be assured there is a order.
I just drove over to my dealer asked sales person and quickly printed one out an handed it to me.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered from dealership in August. Nothing...
You should call Ford 1-800-334-4375 and your dealer to confirm the order. Did you get a Hybrid or Ecoboost. Did they take a copy of your drivers license and have you sign the build sheet?

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, as a former marketing guy, I think that Ford could really do a better job of communicating. The glitchy tracker doesn’t provide that much information, even when it’s functioning. I think an email sent every couple of weeks or once a month would really help. It could simply say something reassuring like, “Yes, we still have your order, and we are working hard to make your truck. Due to high demand and supply-chain constraints, it is hard to predict your build date. But please rest assured that we haven’t forgotten about you.”

While an email wouldn’t change the production schedule or anything, it would be nice to know that your order wasn’t lost or something. And it really wouldn’t cost Ford a dime, compared to fielding phone calls and dealer inquiries.

All of that said, Ford does have a pretty big marketing department, so perhaps they have determined that the majority of people don’t want to be regularly reminded their truck won’t be built immediately, and that updating them frequently will just cause frustration.

A functional tracker, with a little more granularity, seems like a no brainer though!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, as a former marketing guy, I think that Ford could really do a better job of communicating. The glitchy tracker doesn’t provide that much information, even when it’s functioning. I think an email sent every couple of weeks or once a month would really help. It could simply say something reassuring like, “Yes, we still have your order, and we are working hard to make your truck. Due to high demand and supply-chain constraints, it is hard to predict your build date. But please rest assured that we haven’t forgotten about you.”

While an email wouldn’t change the production schedule or anything, it would be nice to know that your order wasn’t lost or something. And it really wouldn’t cost Ford a dime, compared to fielding phone calls and dealer inquiries.

All of that said, Ford does have a pretty big marketing department, so perhaps they have determined that the majority of people don’t want to be regularly reminded their truck won’t be built immediately, and that updating them frequently will just cause frustration.

A functional tracker, with a little more granularity, seems like a no brainer though!
With the reactions I’ve seen from most the emails would probably serve as a source of frustration. The functional tracker and online ordering would be awesome.

We should have access to the following at all times
- Constraints list
- Option to make order changes
- Allocations amounts per dealer, percent chance of receiving a build date.
- Estimated delivery date
- Priority code and their meanings (or simplify it)
- Build date selections for each Thursday
- Option to change dealer
- Our pricing with all fees (less tax/title/license)
- Finance department
- Our promotions we have qualified for. Like the free AWD for select individuals.
- Freebies (FITs) and when / how they will be given to us
- Delays/issues
- Complaints, and the status of them

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

I work in risk and compliance for my company. One of the things we look at is reputation risk or in other words customer feedback. These type of emails never work. Every time we would send one of these type of emails, it just lead to people calling the call center, increasing hold times, just to complain. When people say they want communication from Ford, what they really mean is they want Ford to tell them what they want to hear. If you haven't heard anything, your truck is still waiting to be built. It's not specific to Ford. I ordered a new entry door for my house in August. It still hasn't arrived. It's the way things are right now.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work in risk and compliance for my company. One of the things we look at is reputation risk or in other words customer feedback. These type of emails never work. Every time we would send one of these type of emails, it just lead to people calling the call center, increasing hold times, just to complain. When people say they want communication from Ford, what they really mean is they want Ford to tell them what they want to hear. If you haven't heard anything, your truck is still waiting to be built. It's not specific to Ford. I ordered a new entry door for my house in August. It still hasn't arrived. It's the way things are right now.
Yeah, this makes sense. Most of the public is driven by emotion, and not receiving the news that they want just makes them angry. In contrast, there are people who accept that things can to take awhile, but would appreciate knowing that their orders didn’t get mucked up or lost (which does happen). Really hard to please both groups with one strategy! A functional tracker with a little more detail might be the best way.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a new entry door for my house in August. It still hasn't arrived. It's the way things are right now.
Amen to that... It's not just Ford, and it's not just automobiles. The world got seriously off-kilter for a while and it will be a while more before things fall back in line. And it will be different.

Last June we contracted to replace the three HVAC systems in our house. We figured it would be October or November before the equipment showed up. Two of the three systems were installed this week. The condenser unit for the third was supposedly sent but never arrived.

That's just the way things roll now. I liked it when things were faster and more reliable and I hope it gets back to that, and soon. But for now I just have to live with how things are and realize that life is still pretty damn good.
Sponsored