Pac757

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hi all,
New member here. I am a little sceptical about the dealership I ordered from, pretty large dealership, been around for decades, I purchased other cars from them off the lot, never ordered a car. Nice enough sales guy, older guy not your typical car salesman.
Took my order info, copy of driver's license, and a $500 deposit. But I'm clueless as to whether the order was placed at all, have no way of knowing. He said I'd receive an email, which I verified was my correct email address, from Ford confirming that I placed an order. Never heard from the dealer again, never received any email from Ford. I know it's crazy with the amount of orders and parts shortages, but I do not have a clue if my order actually exists. Placed my order at the dealership not online. How long before you guys got any email even stating you ordered?
Sorry if this is an old question, but I'm new here. Thanks.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got an email the next day. Did you sign a DORA? Call Ford. I placed an order at the end of october and got a confirmation email from Ford within a day or two.

After waiting over 2 months with no further communication, I called Ford marketing and they were at least able to confirm that they had my order. They didn't have any other information but they had the order.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
New member here. I am a little sceptical about the dealership I ordered from, pretty large dealership, been around for decades, I purchased other cars from them off the lot, never ordered a car. Nice enough sales guy, older guy not your typical car salesman.
Took my order info, copy of driver's license, and a $500 deposit. But I'm clueless as to whether the order was placed at all, have no way of knowing. He said I'd receive an email, which I verified was my correct email address, from Ford confirming that I placed an order. Never heard from the dealer again, never received any email from Ford. I know it's crazy with the amount of orders and parts shortages, but I do not have a clue if my order actually exists. Placed my order at the dealership not online. How long before you guys got any email even stating you ordered?
Sounds normal.

If you DON'T buy anything from Ford / dealer, their marketing gurus will fill your Inbox with Daily Deals. When you DO buy something from Ford / dealer, you hear crickets. 🤐

I got 0 emails about my deposit or order. Many did not; we've all gotten the silent treatment.

There are Ford Apologists who actually say you don't need to know anything more anyways 🤣 I guess those folks are happily married to someone who doesn't communicate. 😳

OP
OP

Pac757

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I got an email the next day. Did you sign a DORA? Call Ford. I placed an order at the end of october and got a confirmation email from Ford within a day or two.

After waiting over 2 months with no further communication, I called Ford marketing and they were at least able to confirm that they had my order. They didn't have any other information but they had the order.
Thanks, not sure what I signed, it was an order sheet, same as the one you would sign buying off the lot 🤔

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, call the Ford customer service phone number. Very friendly staff and they can double-check for you.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Call your dealer and ask for your order number and sales code, then call the ford phone number that is listed above and give them those two numbers. They can confirm if your order is in the system. They are not good for much else, but they can at least confirm its in the system.

Then you just play the waiting game like everyone else.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why don't you call the dealer back and find out what's going on? They can tell you more than we can

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are close, drive to dealer ask for a DORA. I did that took salesperson all of 30 seconds to print one out.

Also my order confirmation was in my email inbox when I arrived home from placing my order.

Good luck

Detroit~made

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds normal.

If you DON'T buy anything from Ford / dealer, their marketing gurus will fill your Inbox with Daily Deals. When you DO buy something from Ford / dealer, you hear crickets. 🤐

I got 0 emails about my deposit or order. Many did not; we've all gotten the silent treatment.

There are Ford Apologists who actually say you don't need to know anything more anyways 🤣 I guess those folks are happily married to someone who doesn't communicate. 😳
Or works at the mothership in Dearborn. 😉

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pac757

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Why don't you call the dealer back and find out what's going on? They can tell you more than we can
Thanks just did that, order is in, hopefully it gets built before I end up with a 2022 before the 2023's are out, would hate to start out with getting a new car that's considered a year old 😊
My sister in law waited 11 months from the day her Bronco order went to Ford to the day it showed up.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds normal.

That's why ordering your truck directly on Ford's website is the only way to go

Papa C

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger 4x4 / 2015 Ford Transit Connect
Hi all,
I ordered my Maverick Lariat on 1/26/22 an got an email response the next day and a Vin # with a build date the next day. 🤔

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Maverick Lariat on 1/26/22 an got an email response the next day and a Vin # with a build date the next day. 🤔
WOW! I ordered a loaded Lariat in November 2021 and have received nothing. I contacted the dealer twice and was told “it’s ordered”. I finally went to the dealership last week. They showed me a hand written ledger that had my name on it and was told the ledger was orders! In 2022 that is what they have for proof?! This is a big dealership too! If anyone reads this and knows a number I can call at Ford to verify I actually have an order I would appreciate it it.
Sponsored