First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to do my own roll on kit. But I plan on covering the whole thing, hopefully no problems come from it
Sponsored

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they spray over these access points?
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 3.42.32 PM.png

I don't even know what those are but I would have thought they would be left accessible.
Yes, but it's perfectly ok. They are just rubber plugs to cover the hole. It can be removed if you want to run a wire into that area. I didn't bother removing it in placing my wire through the hole. I just sliced into it to get the wire through. Looks better than removing the plug. Here's a picture of an upper one that I ran a wire through. Bottom one serves same purpose.
Ford Maverick Not happy with Line-X tailgate job PXL_20220808_194156301

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, but it's perfectly ok. They are just rubber plugs to cover the hole. It can be removed if you want to run a wire into that area. I didn't bother removing it in placing my wire through the hole. I just sliced into it to get the wire through. Looks better than removing the plug. Here's a picture of an upper one that I ran a wire through. Bottom one serves same purpose.
PXL_20220808_194156301.jpg
Ah ok - that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's the coverage from the OEM drop in liner FWIW. Looks similar to what they gave you. Hope you got it squared away.

Ford Maverick Not happy with Line-X tailgate job bedliner

Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just had our XLT bed Line-X’d, and VERY happy with the job that was done. Exceeded expectations.

Saw this post before we had it done, so when we dropped it off, we made sure to have the guy come out and look at the truck with us, to point out what they would do and areas to be covered.

We asked how they did the “scuff down” (roughing up paint before application), and he said they used a small cup sander. (Mechanical sanding is preferred to hand sanding, which some shops do.)

He said all the tie downs and rubber plugs would be removed before it was sprayed, and the threaded bolt holes plugged. And the complete tailgate sprayed.

We asked NOT to have a Line-X badge put on, but apparently it is a required “warranty tag,” so we said Ok. But we were able to choose where it was put (above the driver’s side electrical hookup cubby), to make sure it wasn’t put in the bed rail indent or other spot where it might interfere with cargo holddowns or separator boards.

Also declined a Line-X decal they normally put in the rear window. (Like we told the Ford dealer when rejecting their badge on the truck, if you pay us to advertise your business on our truck, we might consider it.)

Anyway — Suggest anyone getting their bed sprayed do the same, as far as making sure they spray everywhere you expect them to, and that they remove all the hooks , etc. first.

Ford Maverick Not happy with Line-X tailgate job A08945D1-5CAB-435A-BE8A-F46026C3737F

Ford Maverick Not happy with Line-X tailgate job BFFB75E1-87DB-49DF-9E6B-F8D1D4523B19

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks good. I wouldn't even think to have to ask Line-X what part they spray as I figured it was consistent, but apparently not. I also like the idea of the Line-x bed decal above one of the cubbies on the side. Another thing I didn't think of.
Sponsored