RickyJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every first phone call incoming or outgoing has no sound. Every call after works fine. Phone is plugged in to usb multimedia port. Also have trouble getting carplay to start about 30% of the time. It eventually works but I end up unplugging it and plugging it back in several times first. (I don’t know if this helps or not). It’s certainly not ideal to be doing that while driving…
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try resetting and then updating the infotainment center. On mine the sync 3 updates are available for download to usb stick from the ford pass app

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is an issue. Some radios have many issues. I have a bunch. I was contacted here by the person from Ford. I sent some pics and a video. I have an appointment on Tuesday where they are supposed to take me seriously. We will see.

I have updated the software 3 times and been to the dealership twice. Eventually the same issues with every update. Reset radio. Same issues. Dealerships are not equipped to handle software issues. They cannot diagnose them. They can only run the tests their computers have. If all is good they don’t have an answer.

Don’t let them blame your phone or cable. Try a few different cables, but if CarPlay loads then the cable is fine and the phone is fine. It is the radio software.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Every first phone call incoming or outgoing has no sound. Every call after works fine. Phone is plugged in to usb multimedia port. Also have trouble getting carplay to start about 30% of the time. It eventually works but I end up unplugging it and plugging it back in several times first. (I don’t know if this helps or not). It’s certainly not ideal to be doing that while driving…
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, had same problem. It seems to have magically fixed itself (for now).

Could be my turn-on checklist now has different ordering: passcode phone, plug-in, start/ready, OK/OK/OK/OK, eco mode.

I used to hot-plug and then passcode phone after start/ready (OK/OK/OK/OK).

Wife gets in car OK/OK/OK... I hate all of the nag screens. *sigh*

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 had this issue. 23 doesn’t. My solution was to hit the speakerphone button on my phone and turn it back off again to make it work.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try connecting via bluetooth.
It is odd to me, but you might actually have both a Bluetooth connection AND be plugged in for CarPlay... That COULD potentially cause issues since there are two different (mutually exclusive) ways to get sound to the speakers... I'd make sure you're only "connected" once. If you're going to use the wired connection for CarPlay, don't connect via Bluetooth, and vice-versa.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have to wait for the car to be fully on and everything initialized before plugging in my phone or carplay will not start. I also have issues with no sound during calls, But I believe I do not have the radio software upgrade. I was going to give that a shot when I take my car in for the airbag recall, maybe that will help the problem. What version of the radio software are you on?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have to wait for the car to be fully on and everything initialized before plugging in my phone or carplay will not start. I also have issues with no sound during calls, But I believe I do not have the radio software upgrade. I was going to give that a shot when I take my car in for the airbag recall, maybe that will help the problem. What version of the radio software are you on?
Hi there. This audio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored