First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't consider the data rate, that's a great point. Any recommendations on cable brand, etc.?
Anker makes pretty good cables, I would try to find one with a fairly robust cable so it can take some abuse from moving around. I assume it is either USB-C or Micro USB. Once I got a decent one I had no issues since and keep a spare in the glove box.

You can pick them up fairly cheap at BestBuy, amazon your store of choice. but if you are using the one that came with your device and it has a thin wire it could be a slight kink in the cable and the random disconnect could be caused by the cable having a hairline flaw in the wire and your disconnect is a bump in the road possibly. A cheap fix if that is the case.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also suffer from the notorious AA near random disconnect/reconnect when wired.
I've been using Android Auto on Sync 3 about as long as Sync 3 has supported it. The only times I've had it disconnect on me in that entire time, other than maybe a very rare fluke, was a bad USB cable, if the device gets nudged. Have you tried a different cable to clear up that issue?

Do understand that you'd prefer using Bluetooth. :)

Have you double checked the Media Output setting on the phone, making sure it's set to send the audio over bluetooth? Not sure if yours is any different, but on my Samsung Galaxy S21 on Android 13, there's a button for Media output in the notification pane, just below the quick action settings and the brightness slider. Should be set to SYNC or whatever you've renamed your vehicle as. You could try toggling to the phone and back to Sync to see if that clears up any bugs as well.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to chime in on this if you have not tried, I don't have my Maverick yet but my GTI did this horrendously with many cables. A lot of cables that "Work" are charge cables and not designed for high rate data transfer. Try to find yourself a quality data transfer cable and see if that helps. It did for me.
This is valid, especially on the newest phones. We have this issue way more with iPhones, but for sure they prefer high quality cables and are a high failure rate in our cars without a Lightening or other high quality cord use.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When connecting via Bluetooth only, not wired connection, I have an issue where no audio plays. The media will show properly on the infotainment screen (be it YT Music, Audible, etc.) - just no sound. Adjusting volume on phone and/or vehicle has no effect.

Works fine when wired and using Android Auto. Also works fine in other Ford vehicles (2020 Explorer, 2017 Edge), and with other Bluetooth speakers.

Phone: OnePlus 8T+5G. Android v12. Bluetooth v5.1

Anyone else experiencing this?
You had me wondering so I just checked. My Android 12 phone with Bluetooth 5.1 plays media just fine thru the Bluetooth link. It has to be a phone setting. Have you enabled media access in you connection with the Maverick?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
When connecting via Bluetooth only, not wired connection, I have an issue where no audio plays. The media will show properly on the infotainment screen (be it YT Music, Audible, etc.) - just no sound. Adjusting volume on phone and/or vehicle has no effect.

Works fine when wired and using Android Auto. Also works fine in other Ford vehicles (2020 Explorer, 2017 Edge), and with other Bluetooth speakers.

Good morning! If you are able to send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Didn't consider the data rate, that's a great point. Any recommendations on cable brand, etc.?
I use Anker cables with all of my devices. I'm especially happy with the braided kevlar covered cables, as they are darn near bulletproof. I have one that has been in use for at least 9 years now, and it's still in perfect condition, despite some fairly rough use.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use Anker cables with all of my devices. I'm especially happy with the braided kevlar covered cables, as they are darn near bulletproof. I have one that has been in use for at least 9 years now, and it's still in perfect condition, despite some fairly rough use.
Don't typically like to give recommendations but I've really only been buying Anker's Powerline series of cables for years. Believe those are what you're referring to. Haven't had one fail on me yet. Not only is the cable reinforced but the connectors are better attached to the cable - that's where a lot of cheaper cables tend to fray, like those included with new devices. It's especially handy in a vehicle where I don't have to worry about being gentle with the cable while getting in and out of a cold car half the year. ;)

OP
OP
midwestmav

midwestmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I've sort of solved this, by chance. I connected via Bluetooth, launched Audible, pressed play - no sound but shows up Book title, chapter, etc. on the Infotainment system. I check over the Audible settings and put it in "car mode" which essentially makes the Audible UI on the phone more usable while driving. Now I have audio! I quickly try other apps (YT Music, etc.) and they all play.

I'd like to know what 'car mode' with Audible does different to get audio to come out over the Bluetooth connection to my Mav', but I'll settle with the fact that I have a way to make it work.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2023 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes. All the time. This system sucks. Let me know if you find an upgrade
Sponsored