Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Big wide tires on the rear was a thing way back in the day on rear-wheel-drive muscle cars. Front-wheel-drive pickups, not so much.
Sponsored

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Op...what offset are these wheels? How is the clearance in the rear? Are you planning on going lower or leaving as is. 315 is a very large tire...

Sponsored

OP
OP
gForcex64

gForcex64

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure the offset I bought the wheels used, I’d guess probably +45. It is super wide! I have about 1/4” clearance to the rear shock. I had to mount them and just see if it would work and they did. People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves. Don’t like something keep scrolling! The wheels are 20x12. I’m loving it! Everywhere I go people are asking me questions and admiring the truck. Definitely one of a kind and that’s the whole point. Next is red calipers and some stripes on the bottom and hood.

OP
OP
gForcex64

gForcex64

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure the offset I bought the wheels used, I’d guess probably +45. It is super wide! I have about 1/4” clearance to the rear shock. I had to mount them and just see if it would work and they did. People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves. Don’t like something keep scrolling! The wheels are 20x12. I’m loving it! Everywhere I go people are asking me questions and admiring the truck. Definitely one of a kind and that’s the whole point. Next is red calipers and some stripes on the bottom and hood.
Oh, and yes I decided I am going to lower it. Probably get the kit from H&R it’s a less of a drop compared to the Eibachs. I need to measure, might do the Eibach kit.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I apologize for the sarcastic reply. Your truck is your temple. Please continue modding it as you please. The only that matters is what you like and enjoy. You're doing a great job with it...đź‘Ť. The drop is going to fill in the wheels very well and the painted red calipers will have a nice pop.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s amazing how much better it looks without steelies. Those wheels look sick tho too! I think I want street tires too. Looks good
Im a big fan of the steelies. To each his own o guess. I have an XLT on order and considering swapping the wheels for steelies.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the reason I like the steelies is that I believe they make it look more like a truck than any other wheel. But everyone should do what they like.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves. Don’t like something keep scrolling!

Everywhere I go people are asking me questions and admiring the truck.
So basically, compliments accepted. Criticisms, not so much. 🤷‍♂️

Ya know, on an online forum you're gonna get both.

Last edited:

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not my personal style, but it does look rad as hell.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
have u considered bigger size wheels or a lowering kit?

OP
OP
gForcex64

gForcex64

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So basically, compliments accepted. Criticisms, not so much. 🤷‍♂️

Ya know, on an online forum you're gonna get both.
We all have a common interest and that is the Maverick and that’s why we are here sharing and learning from each other not bashing or bringing each other down.